Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Da bomb diggity! I have a screened in patio that had some annoying moths flying around I could not get rid of.

I received the Dyna Trap and plugged it in but did not see anything in the bottom. What I did notice is that there were a bunch of beetles clinging to the outside of the screen near the machine that I have never seen before!

They must have wanted to get to "the light"! So, I moved it outside near the screen door temporarily. It was hanging above my head so I could then see a bunch of moths that came from the INSIDE of the patio, so it DID trap those buggers!

I had it hanging for a few hours and went to take my dogs out. I looked in that trap and it was teeming with activity!

There were all kind of flying things trapped in there. How cool! That was only after a few hours so I know tonight it will be hopping again!

I just need to move it away from the door so the critters don't fly inside the patio. It works! Now maybe I won't get attacked by swarms of mosquitoes at dusk.

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Da bomb diggity! I have a screened in patio that had some annoying moths flying around I could not get rid of.

I received the Dyna Trap and plugged it in but did not see anything in the bottom. What I did notice is that there were a bunch of beetles clinging to the outside of the screen near the machine that I have never seen before!

They must have wanted to get to "the light"! So, I moved it outside near the screen door temporarily. It was hanging above my head so I could then see a bunch of moths that came from the INSIDE of the patio, so it DID trap those buggers!

I had it hanging for a few hours and went to take my dogs out. I looked in that trap and it was teeming with activity!

There were all kind of flying things trapped in there. How cool! That was only after a few hours so I know tonight it will be hopping again!

I just need to move it away from the door so the critters don't fly inside the patio. It works! Now maybe I won't get attacked by swarms of mosquitoes at dusk.

Hahaha! Going into "the light". I was tempted to order but didn't. Glad you are enjoying yours. 

Honored Contributor

It looked like it would do the trick.  I forget how buggy it is at night.  I was out in the yard on Thursday up until dark and something kept nipping at me.

Contributor

Yes it works.I have not been bitten by a mosquito yet.I am out side every evening.until dark or tireness runs me in.I am very impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought two of the large ones (we live in the woods) and hung them away from the house amonst the trees.

Haven't had an opportunity to sit out at dark, but I've noticed a decrease in the fly population.  There's lots of bugs in the trap already.

Hoping it's the same with mosquitos!