Esteemed Contributor

I am looking for a new duvet.  I will be in Maine, New Hampshire area soon. Any recommendations for bricks and mortar stores there?

Any other recommdations?

If you have smart silk, do you like?

TIA?  LM

Respected Contributor

Is this a case of, "You say 'duvet,' I say 'comforter'"?  Years ago, in my research for informed down comforter shopping, I learned the best are filled with white Hungarian goose down.  Fill power is a measurement of the warmth to weight ratio.  The highest goose down fill power is 900.  You'll also want baffle box construction, to keep all the down from falling to the bottom of the duvet.  

I didn't recognize "smart silk," so highlighted it in your text and clicked onto "Google search" to learn a little sumthin' about it.  Instead, I immediately got a notice from Norton that it had blocked a high level intrusion attempt from smartsilk<dot>com.  I didn't push the issue, so still don't know anything about it.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure if you mean a duvet, which to me means a decrative protective covering for a down comforter or a true comforter which has a permanent cover and can be fiberfill or down.  I have no suggestions for brick and morter  in the area you are visiting but if you're looking for down follow IamMrsG and look on line.  I did the same a few years ago before I purchased also.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom I purchased 2 of Casa Zeta Jone's Duvet , 1 in Grey and one in the Rose color Item # H 216077. They also have Sham's included. They are just Beaut-tiful. 

Honored Contributor

Cuddledown,at freeport.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest , have bought one there?  That is on my list.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Duvet recommendations

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@goldensrbest , have bought one there?  That is on my list.  LM

I use to buy from them,they are first class, and look for the sale there,happy hunting,love freeport,at the haraskett inn is a lunch buffet every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest , thanks, looking forward to it.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@goldensrbest , thanks, looking forward to it.  LM

Are you going to be in kittery?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and in Bangor and in Merrimack, NH.  LM