Honored Contributor

I want to add a duvet to my guest bed...I want the bed to look 'fluffy'.  The bed size is full, and my duvet is full/queen.  Should I purchase a queen comforter to put inside the duvet?

I am concerned the queen comforter will fit tight inside the duvet even though the duvet size goes to queen size.

Honored Contributor

Re: Duvet question

[ Edited ]

I would definitely order the queen size comforter/duvet.  If the duvet cover is full that will make it nice and fluffy.  I think it will work well.  A double sized comforter/duvet wouldn't go to the edges of the duvet cover, and I don't think you would be as happy with it. 

Edited to say:  I just reread your post and see that your bed is a full.  In that case, I would buy the full sized comforter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The queen comforter may make the bed look lumpy.  I'd measure both pieces first then if the comforter us mardedly larger, I'd go with the full size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

BF has a queen bed and bought a full/queen covering.  She could not find a pure queen apparently.  

It is just a little short all over, like high tide pants sort of.

Based on that, why don't you measure really well?  Could be that a full would be right for you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go with a queen size duvet. Esp if you want a fluffy look. If it's  too large it will be loose/sloppy/flat looking and not the fluffy look you want.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs,  Brooke Christen, a designer who writes the blog, "Nesting with Grace",  is a lover of stylishly fluffy beds also, and she recommends going up a size with your insert or comforter, to achieve that luscious, plump look.  Failing that, she suggests stuffing two comforters or inserts in.  Her beds always look fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Thanks..I will look up her blog.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @Mom2Dogs ,  I should have posted it.  Here is the video she does on fluffing her bed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVECrdABGrM

If you prefer to look up the link yourself, just google nesting with grace how to make your bedding fluffy youtube. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure that Queen size is offered.  It is always full/queen.  I really wish it would go back to Full, Queen, KIng.  I have a Full and I really do not care for the full/queen because it is so much longer on each side of the bed.  What idiot came up with full/queen????  The one thing I lucked out on when I purchased a duvet that is raised pattern in the same color (off white) as the duvet so it never looks wrinkled.  One of my best purchases from Pottery Barn.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I will need to measure my cover before I order the insert, and yes why full/queen combo?