Honored Contributor

Why would  Black and Decker use Scented Filters!? They dont think of the ones that have allergies or sensitive to scents apparently!! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

They shouldn't.  You should have the option to add scented beads, if you really think it necessary, like they have for vacuums.  But,  I'm not even sure why you would want to do that..... it's a DUSTBUSTER.  You use it for smaller pick ups. 

It's just a gimmick IMO.  Maybe they should concentrate on standardizing their filters so that they are interchangeable and always available.  What a concept!  I love dustbusters and use them daily.  We have several,  but the filters are not always easy to find.

Super Contributor

My DB came with unscented installed, scented in a mylar package. My son warned me not to open it, and took it away. I'm very sensitive to smells, and he got a migraine once from a scented toy that I'd bought for a friend's daughter and the package did NOT mention scented.  Love my dust buster!

I agree, very few scents in my home, only natural ones that I choose.

Respected Contributor

I had the scented filter in the dust buster i bought and so i returned it without even opening it. Once I read the instructions pamphlet and saw scented i packaged it up and returned it and never even used it. this is a big nope for me.

Esteemed Contributor

It's an extra expense, so I wouldn't think the manufacturer would even offer it unless enough customers requested this feature.

Look for 'fragrance free' .

Honored Contributor

It's like Febreeze is taking over the cleaning, laundry and trash bag aisles!

I hate that stuff.