Honored Contributor

Re: Dumb hubby left out dairy products!

I can't share what I say when mine does something like that!

Have you ever found the milk on TOP of the fridge?  I did!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I can't share what I say when mine does something like that!

Have you ever found the milk on TOP of the fridge?  I did!

I found my hairbrush in the fridge once---Does that count????  

Honored Contributor

I would definitely toss them and then send him back to the store for replacements!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

As someone who has been married going 52 years, I say forgive and forget little things.  We all get frustrated and angry from time to time, but words can wound.  Been there, done that.  

A few weeks ago, my DH used my Forester to run some errands.  We are having work done in our house, and workers are using the garage for their equipment.  So my car was left outside.  DH forgot to close the sun roof on the car.  Now he has also bought some packages of hard candy and left them in the car.  Next morning he discovered some critter, likely our resident raccoon, had entered the locked car through the sunroof, consumed the candy, and left all the wrappers.  After a wipe down with disinfectant, all was well.

I know in the past I would have had some choice words to say.  But no longer.  He is 77 now, and I do not know how I could live without him.  I have a different perspective on life now.  

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Dumb hubby was to put items in fridge when I got home from grocery store. Whoops, he forgot to put full fat buttermilk, light cottage cheese, and Cool Whip in the fridge. They were in an 80 degree room for five hours till I found them. Just wanted to get some thoughts. Isn't it funny how it's so painful to have to throw things out you just bought!

My thinking is that I could still use the buttermilk in recipes that will be cooked...like cornbread. Could not use it for anything else. The Cool Whip was frozen so it is now thawed. Wonder if it is okay? I think the cottage cheese will be tossed for sure. Woman Frustrated

What are your thoughts? Thanks much. 

Sent my husband to the store one day to pick up a half pound of monterey jack cheese from the deli.  He came home with a half pound BLOCK of cheese NOT SLICED from the deli. 

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Wait a minute, I don't want anyone defending hubby here. I'm still mad at him. Ha! And get this, when I found the items he immediately says, "I'll still eat them." Woman Surprised The last thing I need is to have to take him to the ER. Men!

Learned my lesson here, I will put up ALL groceries from now on. I had gotten a cortisone shot in my knee yesterday and after stomping around in the grocery store for well over an hour I was kinda spent. I asked him to help with putting things up. My mistake.     

@pupwhipped

Your hubby may have learned to be more careful when putting away the groceries.  Consider giving him another chance at putting up the groceries otherwise,  you have lost your helper in this area.

Honored Contributor

I would have tossed just the cottage cheese. Then I would apologize to DH - it was a mistake and not all that costly.

Honored Contributor

I have left perishable items in the car aftering thinking I brought in everything.  Things like that happen and I don't think it's either a male or female thing.  My SO always used to put the groceries away and now has health issues so I get to most of the time now and I find it's easy to forget something that needs refrigerated.  We both have done something like that over the years.  Thank goodness we don't make a big deal out of small things like that and just laugh it off and tease each other.  It's just not worth the effort to get all worked up over something simple.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Yikes....that's frustrating, but I think you're being kind of hard on your hubby. I honestly don't think some men think of things the way we do. Mine has a habit of putting things in the freezer that don't need to be frozen...like already prepared mashed potatoes that take forever to thaw! Oh well. I'd probably put all of those items in the refrigerator until tomorrow  and then check on them....and probably just start over!

@pupwhipped, one more thought - LOL! My hubby sometimes takes leftovers out of the refrigerator at 10:00 a.m. that he wants to eat in the afternoon....good grief. He always says that he wants them to come to room temperature! It's amazing that he has never gotten sick - I just ignore what he does and definitely eat something else! He doesn't think food can "go bad"....! It is what it is!

I think that's a man thing! 

I always tell my daughter, should I go first, please visit him once a week just to go through the fridge!

Contributor

"To err is human....to forgive is Divine!"

Is this the worst thing that can happen to you in your marriage?

A few dollars worth of dairy products and you demean him. How would you feel if you got a call from a hosptial saying he was rushed into the ER after you treated him as such???

I throw my arms around him and say" you are MY dummy and I love you!" Then give jim a kiss. 

Look around and thenk God he is still there for you!