Respected Contributor

Re: Dumb hubby left out dairy products!

Sometimes I wish I had a "dumb hubby" to help me with things around the house. 

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped

I know you were kidding but please let him read what you wrote.

I think he would be disappointed for your description of him, I really don't care how long you are married, I value respect for each other and I've never  been married!

Nothing needs to be tossed, it's not like it was sitting in a hot car.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@pupwhipped

I know you were kidding but please let him read what you wrote.

I think he would be disappointed for your description of him, I really don't care how long you are married, I value respect for each other and I've never  been married!

Nothing needs to be tossed, it's not like it was sitting in a hot car.

This is why maybe you don't 'get' this. Many married couples are very secure in their relationship, and rag on each other about things, including lightheartedly having 'names' for each other that from the outside might not seem nice.

I never have understood couples that don't disagree, or get exasperated with each other, and always walk on eggshells around each other, weighing every word and action. 

Never had that kind of relationship and wouldn't want to. 

I 'got' the spirit of the original post, and it wasn't intended to be mean or to put down her husband, and I don't think he would see it that way in the least.

Respected Contributor

I've done it myself.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Dumb hubby was to put items in fridge when I got home from grocery store. Whoops, he forgot to put full fat buttermilk, light cottage cheese, and Cool Whip in the fridge. They were in an 80 degree room for five hours till I found them. Just wanted to get some thoughts. Isn't it funny how it's so painful to have to throw things out you just bought!

My thinking is that I could still use the buttermilk in recipes that will be cooked...like cornbread. Could not use it for anything else. The Cool Whip was frozen so it is now thawed. Wonder if it is okay? I think the cottage cheese will be tossed for sure. Woman Frustrated

What are your thoughts? Thanks much. 

You can use the cool whip and can actually refreeze it . I do this all the time during the holidays. The buttermilk will be fine for cooking but the cottage cheese will have to go. Sorry this happened and it always feel like a waste.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Toss the dumb hubby with the cottege cheese.

@MarkeieMark   Too Funny   Bwahahahahahahah    Thanks for the laugh!

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Dumb hubby was to put items in fridge when I got home from grocery store. Whoops, he forgot to put full fat buttermilk, light cottage cheese, and Cool Whip in the fridge. They were in an 80 degree room for five hours till I found them. Just wanted to get some thoughts. Isn't it funny how it's so painful to have to throw things out you just bought!

My thinking is that I could still use the buttermilk in recipes that will be cooked...like cornbread. Could not use it for anything else. The Cool Whip was frozen so it is now thawed. Wonder if it is okay? I think the cottage cheese will be tossed for sure. Woman Frustrated

What are your thoughts? Thanks much. 

I have had cool whip sitting outside for picnics.   No problem.  If you cook Buttermilk I agree should be fine.  Cottage cheese I cannot answer.    I left milk in the cooler one year.  Three days alter I went to get some.  What no milk????  So I headed to the store.  When I opened the car door the disgusting smell came out of the car.   UGH UGH UGH.   It was in my trunk in the Florida heat---Had to shampoo the carpet to get the smell out.   LOL

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped  If you just put it in the refrigerator to deal with today, I would check online.  Since they were unopened they may last longer than you think.

Honored Contributor

Wow how crude calling your husband "dumb" and starting a whole conversation about how he is so "dumb". I would NEVER refer to my dh as "dumb". Forgetful? Yes, "Dumb? Never. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

In moments like that, Just say, "well, that's going to cost you".  Then decide what you need to buy. LOL