Esteemed Contributor

Dual Shower Head Units

[ Edited ]

We are having some renovation work done in one of our bathrooms and definitely want a dual overhead/handheld unit....We had a plumber out to do some work and he gave us a couple of recommendations.

I still thought it would be interesting to share with all of you and would love to hear what type shower heads you have...We definitely want one that is metal/stainless steel and not plastic...a good quality durable one.

What brand and type do you have?

Thanks for your input! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

We had bids on a dual shower heads...one fixed in the wall, the other on a slide...price for the one on the slide was $700.00 installed, which we thought was high....was your shower head one single unit with the 2nd head inside the fixed head or like our bid, 2nd one on a slide?

I think the brand was Moen, but not sure, it was stainless.

Honored Contributor

We have nothing complicated we bught a shower head with a hand held sprayer on Amazon, very easy to hook up.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox that is what we both have currently in our showers ...the contractor added the extra head on a slide....but not happening at $700.00!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dual Shower Head Units

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We had bids on a dual shower heads...one fixed in the wall, the other on a slide...price for the one on the slide was $700.00 installed, which we thought was high....was your shower head one single unit with the 2nd head inside the fixed head or like our bid, 2nd one on a slide?

I think the brand was Moen, but not sure, it was stainless.

@Mom2Dogs ...If I understood your post correctly, the older one that we have now is just an overhead....So our new unit will just require removing the old showerhead and replacing it with our new dual shower head unit...very easy to do and our plumber will do it while completing other renovation work also..I'm not understanding the high pricing bid that you received?

One recommendation by our plumber was a Moen and I forget the name of the other....He will be coming back out on Monday so I will talk to him again then...I've been looking at the Moen dual units online and they have a great choice and look really nice...made very well...stainless steel.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove , I am Canadian but, if you are a Costco member, check there. I installed a beautiful unit from Costco in my master bath.  Rainfall shower at the top, adjustable jets and a handheld removable spray nozzle.  I found the prices to be quite reasonable.  Shop around.  Sometimes suppliers mark up what they supply and then add labour on top.  Buy it yourself and, if you have to, hire someone to install.

Good luck.  LM

PS, don’t know what is going on with this website.  I posted a photo of my shower unit twice only to have it disappear.  See post below...

Esteemed Contributor

8F281196-E6B4-46B8-9C50-35D5F8D66F9C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Waterpik in my shower. Works for me. I don't spend much time in the shower, no need to get fancy about it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@I am still oxox that is what we both have currently in our showers ...the contractor added the extra head on a slide....but not happening at $700.00!

@Mom2Dogs...I don't understand...Are you saying that the contractor was going to add an extra head onto your already existing shower head?

What we are having done is just replacing the old shower head with a new dual shower head...It is very easy to do and doesn't take long at all....My husband and I could do it ourselves, but we just decided to have our plumber do it since he is also doing other work for us at the same time.

I don't understand the bid that you got?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

8F281196-E6B4-46B8-9C50-35D5F8D66F9C.jpeg

@Lilysmom ...That is very nice and I love the sleek style....We are basically all set with what we want and very happy with our plumber...We have him doing other renovation work for us, so he is just going to install the new shower head unit for us while he is at it.