Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@stevieb 

This is a beautiful setting to enjoy being with friends & relatives.  And, it looks like there's potential to possibly have a nice view as well?

The porch is nicely decorated & just love the ceiling.  Yes, I see myself sitting there with a nice, cooling Cucumber/Lime Margarita.  

Thanks for posting another great pic!

My pleasure @ScenicMaine

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Drinks and dinner too.

@AuntG... All right, all right... what would you like for dinner Auntie... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Get rid of the silly curtains, put in a white traditional rocking chair (for me ONLY!) and I'm all in!  And some unsweet tea with lots of ice for me of course!

Tsk Tsk @Sooner... All about you... Woman Very Happy

Two rocking chairs then, I want one too...

You can have the tea, I'll be enjoying a sunrise mimosa or two... 

@stevieb NO, 3 because if I only have 2 you'll be whining about "Where is Thomas going to sit?"  You have to monitor him you know.  So of course he'll be with you. . . Oh my!  You and Thomas and the heat and the lightening bugs. . . 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 

I just started drinking Tom Collins again.   They are the perfect summer drink.  Nice, light, lemony and refreshing.  

Honored Contributor

What a pretty porch!  Clean lines, love the draperies and the view.  Must be a second floor, judging by the treetops.  

Makes for a pretty picture, but not very comfy.

The seating area really only accomodates 3, unless 2 people sit side by side on the settee, which is too close, if you ask me. 

I personally like to put my feet up, when I'm hanging out having drinks or just talking, but I know everyone isn't like that.

The table doesn't look very sturdy, nor do the chairs.  I prefer dining armchairs with cushions and pillows for everyone.  We hang out on the deck for hours at a time at night.  I want everyone to be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

This is pretty much like our porch minus the drapes. My oasis. My dh and I have our coffee sitting out there watching our beautiful lake daily, weather permitting. Life is good. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 

Ooh, I envy you.  What an ideal setting for you & DH.

... umm, just coffee?  No lunch, a beer or two, etc.? - you get the idea.  Woman Wink

Hope you & DH have many more years to enjoy your oasis.

Honored Contributor

Love the neutral calm vibe of this porch..perfection IMO.