Respected Contributor

Re: ~~ Dressers and Night Stands ~~

My nightstands are the ONLY things that match in my bedroom! I have an iron fourposter bed, a chest that we bought unfinished and stained ourselves, an antique secretary that I cleaned up, and a cedar chest. All the wood finishes except for the cedar chest are in the same "medium oak" tone. I haven't had a matching set of bedroom furniture in 40 years!

Living room is the same...the only matching things are the end tables. Upholstered pieces are all different from each other.

Now, I do have a matching dining room table/chairs/china cabinet, but I have two smaller cabinets in there that are different. My kitchen table was built by my DH, and the stools under it are antique drafting stools.

It all works!

Respected Contributor

Re: ~~ Dressers and Night Stands ~~

We have two dresssers that match and two nightstands that don't match either the dressers or each other.  But they are all done in cherry wood so I feel like they go together nicely.  I have seen rooms with totally unrelated pieces that look good too.  If you find a set that you really like and it all matches, there's nothing wrong with that.  Do what makes you happy.