Trusted Contributor

Re: Drapes that 'puddle' on the floor.....

Hate them.

Honored Contributor

We have plantation shutters throughout the house and they are ideal for dealing with the Florida sun.

I too went thru phases as the decades turned - first in the 80's we had terrible drafty , cold windows so I had the drapes with the flocked backing and sheers. Then we put in decent windows and I went to bedroom windows had mini blinds covered with lace panels. Den had criss cross dotted swiss over mini blinds and LR had cotton country curtains ruffled tie backs. Each curtain was 78 " wide and 2 per window x 2 windows . My Mom would come over and help me hold them so I could starch & iron them. It was worth the effort because they were beautiful. I would iron til my arms ached then we'd switch places and she would iron to give me a break. I was not sad to leave them behind.

Honored Contributor

I have tab tie curtains that puddle.  These aren't difficult at all.  Ours are on handmade wooden rods.

Image result for tab tie curtains that puddle

Honored Contributor

I've seen them in pictures, and they looked lovely. It was a British  mag, and they do beautiful curtaining.

I like cosy not stark, so they hold a lot of appeal for me

Honored Contributor

I like them, in someone else's home, not in mine. Too much trouble messing with them to keep that "perfect" puddle. lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Not a fan of drapes at all!!!
Frequent Contributor

I have them and think they look beautiful  They're in my living room where there are four really tall windows. They're silk shantung and double lined. I also have a dog, but she never walks on them. Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

We had them in our LR/DR for awhile.  I wanted something different at the windows and didn't want to spend a lot.  I looked for legit window treatements and didn't find anything that suited me so I decided to get long lengths of fabric, wrap the rods and let the fabric puddle.  It really was kind of a designer thing to do at the time.  We happened to still have a couple of cats then too.  I don't know how it is with anyone else, but clothing laying anywhere, like when you set out the outfit you plan to wear, or freshly laundered and folded that you put on the bed for a minute, seems like an invitation to our pets to lay on it.  It was like that with the drapery fabric puddles too and the cats ended up flattening them out, creating wrinkles and it quickly became a messy look rather than a designer look.  It wasn't long before I came up with Plan B and found some pretty lace panels from Country Curtains.

Respected Contributor

Valences or 84 inch sheers for me. Never on the floor unless I had a maid and that's not going to happen. Have old fashioned house. The less fixing the better for me.

Honored Contributor

Depends on the type of puddle and where that puddle is.

I prefer a puddle over drapes that are too short and look.....off. Like pants that shrunk in the wash, you know?