Respected Contributor

When it's dark outside, my blinds are closed.

Honored Contributor

WE live out in the country with virtually no traffic after dark. I close bedroom blinds when we get ready to disrobe and sleep, but leave them up until that time. 

I have blinds in the family room, which faces the front of the house, but I rarely pull them. I have no blinds on the main level of the house. Huge picture window in the front has lace curtains that you can see through somewhat if lights are on, kitchen window and sliding glass door in dining room fairly uncovered, but both face the woods, no one lives back there. 

I hate to be in a room or house where the windows are constantly covered with blinds or drapes. All my windows have lace curtains, most with just swags and not full curtains. I love light and the outdoors. 

I have blinds and can and do use them sparingly in all bedrooms (bathrooms have no windows in this house, and in the family room level of the home. Just the main level doesn't have them.

Respected Contributor

Yes,I close my plantation shutters at night.

Honored Contributor

Closed. My drapes also work to keep heat or cold out depending on the season so it is advantageous to close them for that reason plus for privacy  of course 

Honored Contributor

I would close them.  I do not want any wierdos looking in.  I live in an apt. and have the vertical blinds so I can adjust so you can't see in.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Thank you for all replies. It was fun to read the replies and see what all of you had to say on the subject. Man Happy

Respected Contributor

Mostly closed at night. I like to leave the family room blinds open at night to view the lake.

Esteemed Contributor

Everything is closed but dining room windows they over look a great view at night. 

Honored Contributor

I will say I love the sunshine, and every morning my drapes and blinds are opened all day! Unless it is sweltering hot out, otherwise they are open all day, and only closed at night! But again, we live in a subdivision, so need that privacy at night! 

Super Contributor

I take after my Mom and how she would have all draperys closed when it got dark! I have always too.  When we had or have company is the only time things are opened up and then when they leave it gets closed all up tight lol.