Honored Contributor

Re: Down Old Metairie Way...

That blue vase and the gilt mirror in third picture are epic!

It's interesting that it's in Metairie, since the parents of a N.O. friend of mine lived there too, and this house is very reminiscent of the way their house was decorated.  Silk brocades and such are much more formal than my favorite look, but there is much beauty in the house.

Honored Contributor

The white couch and pink chair are exquisite and my taste.  I do like the home and while I would make some changes, I do lfind much of it appealing.  Very lovely!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That blue vase and the gilt mirror in third picture are epic!

It's interesting that it's in Metairie, since the parents of a N.O. friend of mine lived there too, and this house is very reminiscent of the way their house was decorated.  Silk brocades and such are much more formal than my favorite look, but there is much beauty in the house.

Aren't they just @Oznell !! Upon enlarging the picture twice, I see the mirror is actually either quite old or damaged, as the silver has turned to black in spots. I guess I might consider haring it resurfaced but upon reflection (pun intended...) I wouldn't. The wear and tear just adds to the beauty of some things... That blue etched glass vase is exquisite...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Such a beautiful and classy home!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

While this isn't my style home, I do think it has an inviting entrance.  Love the balcony.  Beautiful place to relax.  The kitchen isn't bad, just a tad too formal for me.  The office is nice (minus the heavy drapes & so many pillows.)  The pool area looks to be a nice entertaining space.  Love the bathroom marble floor, very pretty.  I'd need to replace all accessories & most furnishings though.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

shome_image007_RGB_1080x1430_1924590.jpg

My, this is pleasant.  And there's wine, too. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

For anyone who might be interested in the name:

Métairie (French: [me.tɛ.ʁi]) is the French term for a small tenant farm which paid the landlord with a share of the produce, a practice also known as sharecropping (in French, métayage). In the 1760s, many of the original French farmers were tenants. Metairie is part of the New Orleans metropolitan area

(underlining courtesy of Wiki, not me!)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

Love everything except the few pieces of modern art, just not a fan.  I’m in!

I know what it means to miss New Orleans!  🦐 🦞 🥯 ☕️ 

And the neighbor hood.

Thanks for sharing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

This is a beautiful home.  Like some others, I don't like the modern art. I love the way they did the bathroom from the window treatments, skirts around the vanities, and a floor to die for. Even the little blue chair for that finishing touch. I do love a chair in the bathroom.  I think the exterior of this home is lovely, too.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

I think I'm beginning to believe I could live with ornate!  Beautiful.

Agree with you @authorI know I could live with this level of ornate! To me, it's a bit fancy but without being over the top!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...