Valued Contributor

Re: Don't you just hate when.....

I wouldn't recognize my UPS person. When he comes in the late afternoon, he is so quick and off back to the truck before I even get to the door. Then, toward the end of the week, deliveries get really late, after dark, and still I don't know who the person is or looks like.

Valued Contributor

One of the joys of being single: I don't answer to anyone!

Trusted Contributor

I think there should be sort of a code of silence among delivery men/women.  Unless their supervisors need to be informed about where they've been or how many times they've been there, they shouldn't be sharing delivery information.   You see these commercials saying how the advertised products (mostly medical equipment, i.e. catheters, medications, etc) are delivered discreetly in "plain brown wrapper."  There's a reason for that, and that is privacy.  No one but you should be discussing the box, its contents, or how many of them show up a day or week.  Hairdressers and bartenders have this unwritten code, and I think delivery men should, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't know my UPS person if I fell over them. I've never seen them plus they don't ring bell etc.

same for the mail person!

thats probably a good thing so when the hosts remind us "what a great gift the item would be for the mailman or UPS person" I don't have to worry! Lol

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I think there should be sort of a code of silence among delivery men/women.  Unless their supervisors need to be informed about where they've been or how many times they've been there, they shouldn't be sharing delivery information.   You see these commercials saying how the advertised products (mostly medical equipment, i.e. catheters, medications, etc) are delivered discreetly in "plain brown wrapper."  There's a reason for that, and that is privacy.  No one but you should be discussing the box, its contents, or how many of them show up a day or week.  Hairdressers and bartenders have this unwritten code, and I think delivery men should, too.

DH and I are in our pharmacy very often, because we fill our medications there, as well as our son's and my mom and dad's.  Needless to say, the pharmacists know us very well.  Recently, I went to pick up meds and the pharmacist said that he saw us at a local event. I said, "I didn't know you were there, you should have said hello".  He said that he makes it a point not to speak to his customers outside of the pharmacy, unless they approach him, due to privacy issues.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I agree with circles - keeping secrets is very bad for any marriage.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

seems a shame when anyone is afraid to run into their UPS man..maybe that person needs to re-evaluate their purchases...or their relationship with their spouse....

I agree

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No fear here as I don't even know what my UPS person looks like anymore.  He retired and we have someone new.  Also no worry about DH.  We trust each other.  If there are large purchases to be made we discuss them first.  We both have access on line to our checking account and credit cards and can check them at any time.

Because of a difficult driveway, our purchases used to be delivered to my neighbor's house, who just happens to be my brother.  I got more grief from him about how often UPS was delivering.  You know how brothers can be.....Well that stopped when his girlfriend moved in with him.  Due to her shopping he is now on a first name basis with the UPS person.

Trusted Contributor

Seems like every time we get a package it is a different guy. Also like others said, he runs up the driveway, dumps it on the porch and is gone! I couldn't pick any of em out of a line up!

Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

Seems like every time we get a package it is a different guy. Also like others said, he runs up the driveway, dumps it on the porch and is gone! I couldn't pick any of em out of a line up!

@Lynneuk  I am the same as you.  I do know that we don't always have the same UPS guy, one will ring the door bell, one will knock on door and some just put the package on the porch and leave.  I don't care who knows that I get a lot of packages, DH couldn't care less and I doubt that the UPS guy cares enough to remember how many I get.  Anyway, we wouldn't know each other if we met.  Before we moved to our present location I did know our UPS guy and he was a little nosey about how much I ordered and what it was so I like it better the way it is now.