Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't laugh at me: Lampshades. Where to buy?!

If you check around, there should be a custom shade place close.  Once you get over the price, you will be so glad you were able to make all the choices they offer.  Even silk.

The other sad topic is wiring.  They should be rewired too.

Honored Contributor

We buy all our lamp shades At Home.  

Esteemed Contributor

Very difficult to find quality, well made lampshades. The shades make the lamp! 

I certainly would not keep shades from the 70's!

There is a family owned small chain of lamp stores in my state that, as another poster said, encourages you to bring in the lamp for a custom fit. They have a good selection of shades- not as complete as in years past, but good. I have a beautiful, large pair of lamps inherited from my uncle. I had to replace the shades when I moved a couple of years ago. The shades cost $95.00- each.

Shades are also sold at Lowe's and Walmart, but not great quality or selection

Esteemed Contributor

Lamps Plus, Lowe's, Home Depot.

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee 

I replaced all my lamps with the regular lampshades years ago.  They always appeared dusty to me...So... I purchased the Tiffany inspired table lamps with the glass shades and love them.  Bought them from QVC and HSN.   They are still beautiful after 15 years... My 8 year old granddaughter has already claimed 2 of them for "when she grows up". 😊. I'm glad someone else likes them as much as me.  

Trusted Contributor

I also have had the best luck at a small local place that only sells lamps and lampshades.  They are definitely more expensive, but I love the way they look and have had them for several years.  

Honored Contributor

I've bought them both at Bed Bath and Beyond, and Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I've been searching for a large chandelier for my foyer for at least year now.  I'm searching on line and going to any lighting store within a reasonable distance of my house.  In that search I have found that many of these lighting stores also carry lamp shades.  I've also come across stores that only sell lamps shades in my area using google.  And those interior decorators, they have some and can help you find one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Lamp shade Pro

Google Baldwin Brass Lampshades. Numerous sites are listed

Honored Contributor

Take your lamp base WITH YOU when you shop for shades, so you can "try them on"..........    Even an inch or two "off" in size can make a huge difference.

♥Surface of the Sun♥