Trusted Contributor

Don't laugh at me: Lampshades. Where to buy?!

I now own 3 gorgeous large Baldwin Brass Lamps that were my parents. The lampshades are from the 70's. They are in perfect condition yet....they are dated. I want to update them. I have no clue where to go. Back in the day, I would have contacted Ethan Allen (this is where they were purchased). If you've been in EA lately, you know that they changed their "look" about 15 or so years ago. These are large (in length due to the design) shades and I've never seen anything at Walmart or Target that wasn't short and wide or a square (neither will work). Not concerned about the price because I know you get what you pay for and I'm hoping to keep these and pass them down to sons (who already have their dining room, bedroom (2 rooms worth), and other items from their home. 

Suggestions? TIA!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

Re: Don't laugh at me: Lampshades. Where to buy?!

@FiddleDeeDee 

Have you tried Lamps Plus

Trusted Contributor

@Reconnaissant  Never heard of them which is why I LOVE this forum!!  I now have a new place to look!! Thank you!  Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee  I love Baldwin Brass anything. BUT, will your children? I would keep the existing lamp shades for now and let your children decide what to use when they inherit them. It is possible they won't want them, so don't spend any extra money. I'm speaking from experience.

Respected Contributor

Do you have an At Home store near you? They do have a large selection in variety of sizes.

Honored Contributor

how about "wayfair you got just what i need?"

they have 5500+ lampshades!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I haven't had to buy lampshades in many, many years.  I went to a smallish only-lampshades store that encouraged customers to bring their lamps in so they could :try out" different shades. I doubt the place is still in business.

If I had to buy now, I guess I'd start at Target and hope for the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two years ago, I got a set of beautiful hand thrown lamps and lampshades from Pottery Barn.  Top quality. They had quite a selection!

Local lamp shops have catalogs also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently replaced two lampshades.  I went to a local store that has a large selection of lampshades.  I took my lamps with me.  They also repair lamps and have a small selection of other things.  This store has been in our town for longer than I've lived here, which has been 30 years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee  Search the boards for lampshades as there was a thread about them several months ago.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!