Respected Contributor

Re: Don't laugh at me: Lampshades. Where to buy?!

@FiddleDeeDee 

Now that we are down in FL, I was in a Habitat Restore store recently and they had several shelves of the taller lampshades....all seemed to be in good condition, no stains, marks, etc.  take your lamps, no returns /  no exchanges.

I have some remarkable things there that were very inexpensive but great quality...rugs, wall decor, patio wrought iron pieces, etc

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Cost Plus World Market

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee   Why worry if your kids will like them.  If you like them, buy new lampshade and enjoy them now.  What happens when your gone will happen.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is just my personal opinion based on past experience, but buying lampshades on a website can be tricky. I've had the best luck when I take my lamps to a store in my area (St. Louis) that sells nothing but lamps and lampshades.

I had a really pretty lamp that needed a new shade. I ordered a shade online and it didn't work at all, and the other shade I bought was from one of the discount stores - didn't fit. I finally took my lamp to the experts - she measured the lamp and shade area and immediately found 3 shades that were perfect for me to choose from. A bit more expensive, but a beautiful shade that fits the lamp perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker  I agree! You shouldn't consider what your children will prefer.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@PA Mom-mom @FiddleDeeDee   Why worry if your kids will like them.  If you like them, buy new lampshade and enjoy them now.  What happens when your gone will happen.  

My mother's lamps were the FIRST things to go.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Vero Lamp Shades (Florida). TOP quality. The owner is wonderful! 

Respected Contributor

There's also Lamps USA, online.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee 

Shades Of Light website 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I recently replaced two lampshades.  I went to a local store that has a large selection of lampshades.  I took my lamps with me.  They also repair lamps and have a small selection of other things.  This store has been in our town for longer than I've lived here, which has been 30 years.

@NickNack 

That's the kind of shop I LOVE!!!Smiley Happy