Honored Contributor

Re: Don't Throw Away Those Dough Bowls

Beautiful!  I have found wonderful, realistic florals at Prestige Florals

Aster's Place on youtube is wonderful!  She is a terrific florist with faux and real flowers. 

I have ordered some and am well pleased.  They send out a lot of coupons.

Honored Contributor

I have a antique one ,also a simply round wood bowl my grandmother made her pie crust in ,and noodles.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I actually prefer the more rustic look, the more the better, even in slick, sophisticated settings.  They are an interesting counterpoint to the contemporary.

@Kachina624  Yes...I am finding this to be true! I have added a mix of vintage to my tradtional and rustic.  While I like the mix, I  find that I miss the warmth of the more rustic and casual. I decided to add more "rustic" back and I am even more pleased with the warmth and character it brings to my room.  

Honored Contributor

My son made me a very long one for my Dining Table about 2 years ago. 

I It is long and narrow..I change the decor in it about 3 times a year for Holidays/Seasons. I love it.

I put a lot of greenery, flameless candles, Holiday decor etc.

Valued Contributor

I don't have a dough bowl. Should I?

Esteemed Contributor

Perfect timing seeing this thread today.

I have a small oblong dough bowl on the back of my stove, and another just a bit larger stored in the basement. 

I love how these bowls were shown, but they are all large and oblong and my dining room table is a medium size round- seats 5 without the leaf. This afternoon I came across a large, heart-shaped wooden dough bowl. Beautiful, unique, a great price and one of only two in the store. Could not leave it there as I knew it would not be there long. Picked it up to maybe give as a gift, but it looks great on my table! Tomorrow I will pick up some foil wrapped chocolate hearts as well as those conversation candy hearts to fill the bowl,. After that I will put some small potted plants in it and refer to this thread for inspiration.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing.  I have a rectangular bowl just like in several of the pictures and have been trying to find what to put in it.  Love the succulants.  A project for me to work on!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonderful post, many thanks!

I follow Aster's Place on youtube and she does many interesting docorations like this.

I have red apples and purple grapes in mine which is on my dining room table.

My favs,

spring-dining-table-centerpiece-dough-bowl

spring-dining-table-centerpiece-dough-bowl

Respected Contributor

Interesting topic...I have never owned a dough bowl, but I love the look! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Perfect timing seeing this thread today.

I have a small oblong dough bowl on the back of my stove, and another just a bit larger stored in the basement. 

I love how these bowls were shown, but they are all large and oblong and my dining room table is a medium size round- seats 5 without the leaf. This afternoon I came across a large, heart-shaped wooden dough bowl. Beautiful, unique, a great price and one of only two in the store. Could not leave it there as I knew it would not be there long. Picked it up to maybe give as a gift, but it looks great on my table! Tomorrow I will pick up some foil wrapped chocolate hearts as well as those conversation candy hearts to fill the bowl,. After that I will put some small potted plants in it and refer to this thread for inspiration.

@queendiva 

I would put in a little piece of aluminum foil with the sides up to keep plant water off of the wood.  You don't want to damage the wood.