Esteemed Contributor

Don Aslett furniture cleaner and polish - did it work for you?

I bought this and I'm disappointed.  It didn't really clean or polish the way I thought it would.  It didn't pick up much dirt at all nor did I get shine from it.  Anyone buy this product and if so, what did you think of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don Aslett furniture cleaner and polish - did it work for you?

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I purchased this item and had your same results.

If you read the reviews they are basically saying they sell this same product at the store for about $4.

I know it cost money to return but do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry @hopi that you didn't get good results either. Yeah, I should return it but the cost would probably be too high.  But I'll be too snake bit to buy another Aslett cleaning product in the future.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Sorry @hopi that you didn't get good results either. Yeah, I should return it but the cost would probably be too high.  But I'll be too snake bit to buy another Aslett cleaning product in the future.

But surely the cost to return it is less than the cost of the item?   So if you returned it, you'd get some $$ back, whereas if you don't, you'll be out the total cost for an item you don't like and probably won't use.  I say return it.

Honored Contributor

I agree - that furniture polish is $17.50 + tax and you don't want to return it for no more than $6 - which will get you a return credit of $11.50 + tax. It drives me crazy when anyone says this here or in the reviews. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I guess I  can price them out; there are two bottles and there is some weight to them but I can see what it will cost to return. 

Esteemed Contributor

Tell QVC that the product is defective (call Customer Svce on the phone) - and hope they'll pay the shipping. If u keep it, QVC will keep promoting this product.