Respected Contributor

Don Aslett Pads for mop v Amazon ones?

I saw the mop online this morning with 8 great looking mop pads.  I hate paying shipping.  Does anyone buy these type of mop pads from Amazon or anywhere else?

item V33533

Honored Contributor

Re: Don Aslett Pads for mop v Amazon ones?

I have this mop that was purchased many, many years ago.... maybe 15 years or more. Mine came with just two washable pads.

i use one pad for dusting my floors and other areas that are too high for me to reach and the other one to damp mop my floors.  I have hardwood floors so I use at least one of the pads every day.

Both pads are like brand new and I never needed replacements. I just throw in the washer and lay flat to dry.

This mop with 8 pads is a great buy.  I have looked at it several times.  I have been thinking about getting a new one and this one is less than I paid for my original one.

I am a big Amazon shopper, but unless they have this same mop and pads from Don Aslette, I would not even consider buying it.

Honored Contributor

The Bona pads on Amazon get great ratings.  I think they're also sold at BB&B.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie You can throw those pads in the dryer - no problem at all. I usually wash them & my throw rugs together.

Personally, I think those Aslett mops are the best thing ever invented.

Honored Contributor

I own a Don Aslett mop, too. Had it for over 5 years or longer? Can't remember exactly but the pads have lasted and still clean very well. I would definitely buy another one.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 one home and one at camp. The handle on one of them broke after about 15 years so I had to buy a new set - now I have many more pads than I'll ever wear out.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Carmie You can throw those pads in the dryer - no problem at all. I usually wash them & my throw rugs together.

Personally, I think those Aslett mops are the best thing ever invented.

I prefer to air dry almost everything.  I only use the clothes dryer when I have to, which isn't too often.

You are right, they are a very good invention and a great value too.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Ladies!  I am going to get this new one, the pads really look nice and if they wash and dry so nicely, sounds good to me!

Esteemed Contributor

I use the Bona and Aslett pads.  Both are good.  I think the Bona pads are longer.