Honored Contributor

Re: Does this Chair go There?

The chair is not for me, I just do not care for the modern look.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

A somewhat appealing space. The chair is pale blue while the bedding and curtain trim has more turquoise going on. I don't care for the chair at all but I think it's a reasonable fit for the overall room, despite not being a match.

I agree, @stevieb .  While I'm not a fan of contemporary/Asian-influenced styles, I have to say that the overall look here is serene and pleasant.  The color scheme certainly helps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like a small room or storage area that was re- purposed into a  bedroom. Thrown together  items . The chair was  a spur of the moment purchase  and was sitting around  so they pu it t in there as an  after thought bedroom for the nieces

( corrected spelling )

Honored Contributor

The chair looks like a comfortable desk chair but its contemporary vibe and color are out of place in this room.  A white wicker chair would be nice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Looks like they were trying to combine a mix of vaguely coastal, Asian, contemporary AND traditional looks.  I generally like eclectic style when well done, but this doesn't really come together for me.  If more of the room were visible, it would be easier to tell if they successfully melded all those styles.  It's a tricky proposition to do, and with the corner shown, looks like the different elements are co-existing rather uneasily!

I agree that the generally soft and compatible color palette is a plus.

Respected Contributor

Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like a pretty room, I like the turqoise and coral colors together.

For me the blue chair is a big NO, I just don't think it fits in at all decor wise.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice room, looks like a guest room to me. One decor surprise in every room is something I like. The chair is fine 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Evolution of Hokusai's wave paintings | Masterpieces of Japanese Culture

Maybe they were going for something suggesting water or a wave.

It's sort of fluid...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

RE:  "...the same intensity level of the colors to make the room easy on the eye."

While I understand continuity of color intensity being easy on the eye, the discordant style of the chair feels like a poke in the eye. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.