Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone use window shades anymore?

I had permanent screens installed and I love them, makes a world of difference. I can see out but people can't see in. I paid $800, here are before and after pics

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

This morning they showed darkening shades that you could operate from your smartphone!  Guess they are still in!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got rid of  all our window shades when we got new windows, and instead have simple curtain panels hung from rods using ring clips. They  can easily  be pulled closed for privacy or sunblocking.   This solution has been easier and less expensive than purchasing a houseful of new window shades.

I don't think window shades are out of style, though.  Every now and then a blind and shade company sends me a glossy catalog with lots of different styles.  Never ordered from them and can't remember their name, but googling window shades will probably link to many different resources.

QVC Customer Care

@qvcfreak

I like the new look. Does it also give to look or feel that your room is bigger?

I like curtains. I would like t have my windows tented so when i open the curtains I can see out and people can't see in.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

qvcfreak,

I love, love, love your house.  I want to live in it.  If I wanted to purchase those screens, where would I go and who would I contact?  Thanks so much. I wish you much joy, health, and happiness in your lovely home.    docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@qvcfreak

I like the new look. Does it also give to look or feel that your room is bigger?

I like curtains. I would like t have my windows tented so when i open the curtains I can see out and people can't see in.

Yes it does and brought down electricity bill by a lot so will eventually pay for themselves

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@docsgirl wrote:

qvcfreak,

I love, love, love your house.  I want to live in it.  If I wanted to purchase those screens, where would I go and who would I contact?  Thanks so much. I wish you much joy, health, and happiness in your lovely home.    docsgirl

Thank you, I love my house. They just started setting down the pavers on Monday for the patio. And I would google sun screens in your area. Good luck and again thank you

Honored Contributor

@house_cat...I am not a fan of curtains,  but I do have printed sheers in my living room.  The other rooms have 'toppers' along with blinds.   All of mine are the botom up, top down style. I love them.  The windows can be covered all the way, from the top down or from the bottom up for light at the top of the window.  Look at blinds.com, you can get free samples from them.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of drapes/curtains. I have top down/bottom up cellular shades on my windows.

Honored Contributor

I have mini blinds; many consider that and a valance to be all you need for a window look. 

I know many who have roller shades; they use them in bedrooms/rooms that need to block out light and/or want privacy. They are placed UNDER sheers and curtains. They can roll the shade all the way up, half way or completely closed based on their needs and being honest; it looks and works beautifully.