Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone still take a bath?

It hard to get in and out but once in awhile I need a good soak to ease some aches and pains. 

Trusted Contributor

I am nearing 80 and still take a bath. Growing up, my bathroom did not have a shower, just a tub. The only time I took showers was when I lived in a dorm in college. I've always hated showers. When hubby and I were looking for a retirement home one of my requirements was that house must have a bathtub. Yes, it's becoming more difficult to get in and out, but I've had grab bars installed to help me. I'll just do it as long as I'm able, same as my mom and grandmother did. 

Respected Contributor

I have a really nice bathtub with jets in it.  I don't get in the tub much but if I do, it's usually during the winter to get the ''chill off'' that sometimes a sweater can't handle.

Respected Contributor

I take baths on the days I don't wash my hair--every other day.  My hair stays dry and I don't have to deal with a pesky shower cap.  I don't fill the bath more than halfway.  That is more than enough for me.  

Super Contributor

Every night I take a bubble bath!  I can lay in the tub, reflect, think, cry, pray, relax.  Like another poster wrote, I grew up taking baths---we only got a shower when I was probably 11 or 12----it was fun to play in---but never took seriously as using it every day! LOL  I am 69 and did put one hand hold in it for the days my arthritis acts up!

Honored Contributor

Getting in would be easy, getting out - not so much.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't taken a bath in years.  Too hard to get in and out of the tub and since I live alone, if I fell that would be bad.  i am all about the shower though.

Honored Contributor

I find that taking a bath was relaxing, but I always showered afterwards.  I never felt as though I was rinsed off properly.  I don't feel clean with dirty soapy water still on my skin. If that soap leaves a film in the tub, it's on my skin too. 

So, no, I prefer to shower.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer showers.  To me, they feel like a massage.  I can feel the day’s stress leaving my body and going down the drain.  

Valued Contributor

OMGOSH>>>everynight!  I love the bubbles and warm water and candles.  Thanks for asking