Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone still have/use your Peterboro Baskets??

Yes, I have many, many of their baskets. Some of them I use and some are just used to display.

I have 2 different ones (carousel type) and they are still beautiful. Many others as well that are still in great condition.

Also, have some Bradford baskets that I used to use for my doggie treats.

Glad to hear they are still in business.

Contributor

Made in USA!!!! I bought many a few years ago when I was trying to organize some open storage. Also, bought the two-pie carrier basket when I realized I needed a good way to transport pies that were still warm around the holidays. All the baskets are well made, get their emails and watch for the discounts and check out their online tent sale.
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 ValuSkr said:

QVC saturated the market and their value collapsed. Maybe they'll return, in another generation.

ValuSkr, you are probably right about Q saturating their own market, because they didn't ever offer a really big selection, but as for value, they have retained their value much better than Longaberger over time (for full disclosure, I'm a big fan of Longaberger, have many, still use those as well, but never paid full price for them) Longaberger baskets were/are much higher priced, and can be bought on the secondary market for a fraction of the original cost. Peterboro baskets were always much more reasonably priced, and still are. They are a different look, but I think they are much more sturdy and functional that many Longaberger.

As to the OP's question, I still have my Peterboro baskets and the ones I use most are the same sectioned one you mentioned, and I have one that is set up for paper plates in the back and three sections in front for silverware and napkins, that has been on my counter for over a decade. Oh, and a bigger one that we use to bring in produce from the garden. I really have to admit that basket has been abused, left in the rain, way overloaded, to the point it should have snapped the handle off, but it is still fully intact and strong, just dirty and ugly. And I love the ones that have leather weave to match the ceramic inserts, I have a loaf size and a round casserole like that, and the ceramic is so thick and heavy, just love those too.

They are the strongest baskets I've ever seen and used.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/28/2014 leapergirl said: Made in USA!!!! I bought many a few years ago when I was trying to organize some open storage. Also, bought the two-pie carrier basket when I realized I needed a good way to transport pies that were still warm around the holidays. All the baskets are well made, get their emails and watch for the discounts and check out their online tent sale.

Yes! love that they're american made. Have an large older basket that I use often.