Honored Contributor

Does anyone know what happened

To the poster who's name I can't come up with right now, who's family built a new home, and she was decorating her bedroom. She was disabled and lived with her parents, and took us completely through the sale of their home, the build and the finishing. 

I haven't seen anything posted by her, and for the life of me I can't think of her name. 

Cassady? maybe

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what happened

@ccassaday .....Mominohio is inquiring about you.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ccassaday .....Mominohio is inquiring about you.

@Hoovermom 

Thank you! I couldn't remember the name and especially the spelling for sure!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

funny thing I was thinking of her today!  Last posts she was excited getting her bedroom decorated.

Hope all is well with her.

PS:  How are your kitchen remodel plans coming along? I am in the homestretch of my home update (painting & bathrooms).  I  can't believe this but spouse decided he wants new furniture & decor for our lanai area & all new outside lighting fixtures.  Hey I'm in I have no problem spending "his" $$$😉.

Honored Contributor

I saw a recent post from her where she said her whole family had been sick for a month.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio her post on wellness..sickness has hit my family hard this month.

Honored Contributor

The bedroom got decorated. Hope they are feeling better.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

funny thing I was thinking of her today!  Last posts she was excited getting her bedroom decorated.

Hope all is well with her.

PS:  How are your kitchen remodel plans coming along? I am in the homestretch of my home update (painting & bathrooms).  I  can't believe this but spouse decided he wants new furniture & decor for our lanai area & all new outside lighting fixtures.  Hey I'm in I have no problem spending "his" $$$😉.

@homedecor1 

So glad you are in the home stretch of all your updating. It has to feel good to be on the end side of all that work. It should be fun to get new stuff for the lanai. Much less stressful than the inside remodeling stuff, for sure!

Thanks for asking about the kitchen stuff. 

Here is where we are right now.

We had a sliding glass door that lost the argon and clouded the door. It is warranted, but the company won't honor it, as the sticker they place on them, with the order number is gone (yeah well, it's been 20 years, do they really think a paper sticker is going to still be there?). We have the invoice from the contractor, but there is no actual order number, so they say they won't honor the warranty. 

Because of that, our first step is to get that replaced with a new brand. It has been ordered, and will be the first step we take. 

We are in the process of opening a home equity line of credit to pay for some of the upcoming work (some of it I will pay cash for), and we are on hold until that process is finalized. 

So the door will go in first, and is a definite. The actual kitchen remodel will not even start till at least 10 weeks after the money is available. Then the company doing the electrical, counters, and cabinets will come in. Decided on a flooring store to do the floors (and some new baseboards too) and they will be in last. 

Somewhere in there, we have to remove wallpaper and paint. I'm really unsure of when we do that and I'm going to tackle it myself to save money (even though I hate painting with a passion). The kitchen contractor doesn't do painting and I don't want to wait till they are done, but don't want to do it before, as it will get marked up and dirty when they come it, so I still have that to figure out. 

We still have an issue with our foundation leaking in the family room, but it just won't stop raining here, and we simply cannot begin digging to address it until it does. If it is anything like last year, it never really did stop raining. 

So we are still at least a couple of months out to begin the biggest share of the work, but that is ok with me. It is allowing me to save up to pay for more of the work and finance less. Good thing!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

I know what you mean about "warranties"😡.  Been there done that!

I don't have double pane sliders in my kitchen so not only are they 25+ years old, single pane but have seen better days🙄.  Called my window contractor to replace today WOW almost had heart attack $5600!!!  What##$$$&&&. (Of course, special order)

It is "code" now must have triple pane and 3 panels vs 2 -- plus, all the track & wood (inside) needs to be replaced.  

Well, needless to say that "idea" will be on hold for awhile. I was afraid to even ask the price for the 22' ft sliders in my dining room -- they are 2 sliding doors but will have to be 4 doors if replaced.

I know when we bought this house (2014) we put $50,000 aside for repairs, upgrades, misc. -- that's gone after new kitchen, flooring, roof, a/c system & new windows (cost more than my kitchen remodel😳). sometimes I'm shocked at the costs of just materials.  This week we need to replace our water softener system -- it's always something 💰💸!  

Hang in there it will come together & my advice is paint after your kitchen is done & before flooring goes in.  Plus, I'd do as much "prep/demo" you can will save $$$.  Unfortunately, my spouse has no skills so we pay for everything -- his theory is "he'd rather pay someone than mess it up".  My handyman, electrician, plumber, etc. love when I call them💰😉.

I hope it stops raining there soon so you can get your "leaking" problem fixed & move ahead! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - She posted in Wellness maybe a week or so ago. Whole family has been sick, but they are on the mend.