Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have hardwood floors in Bath?

On 10/14/2014 TRUE said:
On 10/14/2014 brii said:

I have vinyl plank in our basement. Best invention ever.

I don't think they're "getting" that this isn't wood its vinyl.......but looks just like wood and so easy to put down... I'd really like it in my bathrooms.

I have seen the planks! My contractor highly recommended it. It is THICK, and I mean thick. When you look at a sample, and feel it...you can hardly bend it. The hardwood man recommended this new vinyl flooring. He said you may get a cut if you drop a hatchet on it, but it is commercial grade. I am going to look at other colors he brought over colors I could not use. I think I like the tile "look" rather than the plank for this bathroom.

Respected Contributor

take a look at ""INVINCIBLE"" LUXURY VINYL TILE COLLECTION I think it is made in Georgia and the information booklet we got with it says it is lifetime warranty it comes in planks and tiles. Beautiful sample pictures of imitation wood planks. Goes together click system. You won't believe how thick it is and it features moistureloc watertight seal.On my sample paper it says to go to www.ivcinfo.com. This flooring is also recommended for commercial use.

Trusted Contributor

I have hardwood in two of my baths. I love it and have absolutely NO problem. One has had hardwood for about 14 years.....and the other about 8 years. I want to put it in the third bath at some point.

I have it in my kitchen, too, with zero problems.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 brii said:

We're putting this type of flooring in all of our rental homes, now--no more carpeting or linoleum. The stuff wears like iron and looks great! Comfortable to walk on, too.

I hate laminate flooring and would never have it in my home--but I could live with this vinyl planking.

Contributor

I have oak floors throughout my entire house, including two bathrooms, and no issues with water. I would recommend wood for anyone who is interested in having the beauty, ease of care, and the ability refinish when desired.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 CardinalGirl_ said:
On 10/14/2014 brii said:

We're putting this type of flooring in all of our rental homes, now--no more carpeting or linoleum. The stuff wears like iron and looks great! Comfortable to walk on, too.

I hate laminate flooring and would never have it in my home--but I could live with this vinyl planking.

I had not heard of vinyl plank. I have seen laminate flooring. So, I had to check it out. I found this info, and I will say that when we need flooring I will definitely consider the vinyl plank. Thanks for your posts!

http://theflooringgirl.com/blog/what-is-luxury-vinyl.html

Shoekitty, have you considered this? The vinyl plank can look like real tile.

Respected Contributor

Not in our main bath, but we do have it in our downstairs bathroom. That room has a shower but it is rarely if ever used. I would be concerned about water, as so many others have said.