Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss having w2w carpeting?

We have wall to wall carpets in our bedrooms.  Those are the only rooms I like having it in.

Honored Contributor

I will never miss it.

Honored Contributor

All the bedrooms and hallway are carpeted. But across the tiled entry hall, the den, living room and kitchen areas are either tiled or has the original '60s wood flooring.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Does anyone else miss the comfort and coziness of wall-to-wall carpeting?  I haven't had it in any of my homes in the last 30 years, which is probably why I'm feeling kind of nostalgic about it.  I wonder if, like wallpaper, it will make a comeback.

Absolutely not!  I don't even have area rugs, except in the bedroom where we step out of bed.  I love the look and feel of our hardwood floors.  And as a person with allergies to housedust, I love that they're so easy to clean.  It's much quicker and easier to push a mop around instead of a vaccuum cleaner. So @house_cat , I'm afraid my answer is a resounding "no." (But we do have wallpaper. Smiley Wink)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I've always liked the look and feel of carpeting.  Its 100X easier to care for than hard floors that require dusting or sweeping, then mopping.  Vacuum and you're done.  Have a professional cleaning once or twice a year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would never live with carpeting again.  

Honored Contributor

No, don't miss it. Got rid of it and the hardwood floors are fine.

Honored Contributor

I have wall to wall carpet in all bedooms, living and family room.

Dning room is wood, kitchen is tile.   I am in the mid west and will never give up my carpet.

Respected Contributor

I only have carpet in the bedrooms and finished basement.  Main floor is hardwood.  I would of put hardwood floors in the upstairs bedrooms but it was insanely expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

When we had our house built 7 years ago, I paid extra for all hardwood floors. Tile in the bathrooms and laundry room. I'm very allergic to everything, so we have nice clean hardwood floors with area rugs. I prefer this way so I can change the look around by buying new area rugs. I don't miss wall-to-wall at all.