Respected Contributor

I have for years and years, the usual afghans, bedspreads, baby things, etc. with the yarn but I am wanting to start with the tiny needles and the thin threadlike yarn - like my grandmother used to make the pineapple tablecloths with.

anybody else?

I actually have several that she made me - not sure if I will live long enough to make one myself {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

/></a></p>

Contributor
I still crochet Minkbunny. I usually do more in the winter. I have a few doilies that I made with the tiny thread. It was quite an accomplishment when one was finished. Right now I've been working on the scarves made from the Sashay yarn. They're very easy and fast.
Frequent Contributor
Another crocheter here, Minkberry, even though it' s been several years since I worked with this type of thread and pattern . I admire your ambition. I'm now working on baby/toddler headgear. I have a few books with patterns and they work up quickly. One of the hats looks like a Hershey's Kiss, People are so pleased to receive something homemade!
Honored Contributor

No, but my aunt made tons of it. It is hard to get rid off, and I have kept a few, but they by and large aren't things I would use or display.

Occasional Contributor
Ooooh ... That pic is beautiful Minkberry. I've been wanting to give crocheting with the thin thread to make something like this a try too. Not sure if I have the skill set for it ... I do crochet things like scarfs/hats with regular type chunkier yarns. I think I'll give it a try this winter.
Honored Contributor
My sister and I each got very large tablecloths made by grandmother. I knew I'd never use mine so I insisted one of her two daughters have it. Too old fashioned for me.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I love crochet, the classics and the modern. I just made a cool shopiing bag for the grocery store in hemp thread and raffia, totally cool.

Honored Contributor

I have a crocheted cardigan and tank .... very pretty, but very delicate.

Personally, I don't crochet .... don't have the patience for it. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

I do some crochet--personally I prefer to do lace knitting but I have to admit, crochet is faster. That pineapple pattern you showed is actually not so bad. You do pineapples in motifs, and you can practice on a doily first until you get it down. Annies Attic has a good book of 35 motifs in pineapple with various items to make, and once you pick your favorite, it isn't that hard to extend them into a big cloth. You just keep adding motifs.

Honored Contributor

I learned to crochet using the small thread many years ago. It will just take a little time for you to adjust to using the smaller thread and also how much slower your piece builds up than when using yarn. But, just do a little practice and you'll be fine. I have a lot of doilies from years ago but don't ever use them. Hope you enjoy doing the new projects.