Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does This Room Belong to a Man or a Woman?

This is a tough one, but I'll go with a man. The framed prints have a masculine feel to me; the stripes on the sheets and the way the bed is "tucked in" looks more like what a guy would do; the fedora on the bench at the foot of the bed. I dunno - I went back and forth on this one!

Valued Contributor

I would think a woman's room - if it were up to DH our bedroom would be a bed and dresser - that's it - sheets optional! Def no decorations quilts etc - it wouldn't even occur to him. That is why I'm in charge of decorating! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

I think this is a very-well curated room for a man who is not straight. The art work, Tom Ford book, appreciation of other iconic fashion names, darkness in the art, bold stripes, the room is very geometric. Also women tend to allow for room for leaving personal belongings behind. I think that is because we attach meaning to ery small things and want to keep them. These spaces are covered and don't allow for that. So I think this is a man's room. 

@Kjelle   I totally agree with 100%

⚓️
Regular Contributor

A woman.Too much detail for a man’s touch.

Honored Contributor

Man.  The hat led me in that direction.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably the room of a gay man.  Very nice!

Trusted Contributor

The lamp and curtains around the bed makes me think woman. But ultimately I'd vote for a gay man. Or a rich man with a decorator but that's a long shot.

Occasional Contributor

I think it could be a couple's room- both a woman & a man sharing this bedroom. There are feminine & masculine touches. I know it wouldn't be in our house though- since we have seperate rooms...lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

gay man

Trusted Contributor

Came back to add my other option which would be neither. Strikes me as more of a guest room or bed and breakfast. The room has a lot going on but it really seems neutral. Like it's meant for anyone but not as a person's real bedroom.