Super Contributor

Re: Does This Light Work in This Room?

Doesn't work for me. I love the kitchen it has a farmhouse feel to it with the sink and all. The light fixture is too fancy for the room. I think it is more suited for a foyer or formal living room.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the light works in here.  It is too fancy for the kitchen.  I like the rest of the kitchen except I would have opted for a different color than the green (I think it's green, I can be a little color blind)  and I don't care for open shelving.

I like the looks, but too much of a dust collector.

Respected Contributor

No, this does not work in that kitchen,  Much to formal/elegant of a light fixture for the very casual looking kitchen, It stands out like a sore thumb.

Esteemed Contributor

At first glance it reminds me of pearls. 

I'd like it better in a Grand Master Bedroom.

Honored Contributor

I like the kitchen but the light would never be bright enough for a kitchen so it doesn't work for that reason.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to echo everything Kachina624 said.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the mismatched style (Victorian chandelier w/ a country farmhouse chic kitchen) and actually don't care for the entire kitchen anyway.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The light fixture works because of the floor.  Both are part of a historical component the house either has, or is purported to have.  As someone stated so well above, "a past-grandeur."

Honored Contributor

I t works, and is unique looking, but maybe not for a kitchen-too much cleaning and upkeep required.

I would think better for an entry way or even Dining Room......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The kitchen is a little cluttered.....

I think the light fixture works...it goes well with the table and the floor and the paint color...gives it an antique feel....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”