Super Contributor

Re: Does This Light Work in This Room?

I agree with luvmybeetle.....This kitchen must be in Paris, and she probably has hired help and doesn't need to worry about the cleaning or cooking.   I think it's pefect with a view of the Eiffle Tower right outside that huge window.

Respected Contributor

I like the light, but not a good choice to put it in a kitchen. How would you clean the grease, dust off it? It's kind of an attractive nuisance.

Honored Contributor

No. It's a beautiful vintage light, but I think this is the wrong room for it. I could see it in a lady's dressing room, a very feminine bedroom, or "maybe" a small formal dining room.

I love this room. I love green! My parents had a table like this in our eat-in kitchen with beamed ceilings. One side had a bench as shown; instead of chairs the other side had a backless bench. 

This looks to be part of a kitchen, the eating area, or maybe it is a "plant room" to cultivate plants for outside (?) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A bit fancy, but I think it looks nice with the overall style for this kitchen.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think so.  I think the room is very charming but requires a light that is not so delicate and formal looking.  The light is lovely but deserves to be in a more formal dining room. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

No. It would work maybe in a foyer or Victorian style living room.

Honored Contributor

The style works.

Is there another one over the table. It looks off balance with one light fixture for that large table.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "works"? Do you mean can you turn it off and on?

I think it is VERY unattractive and a big dust catcher.

Honored Contributor

I do think it does work in this kitchen but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   I like it. Maybe it's original to the house.  If so, it works for me.  

If it was added when the kitchen was upgraded, then it's a no, and I would use it somewhere else in the house.  I love chandeliers, I have one in my walk in closet!

......You look like I need a drink.....