Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does This Light Work in This Room?

No, it doesn't. 

First,  it's just too ornate and just looks mismatched with the plain blue cabinets, open shelves, wood plank seating, shutters, etc.

Second, kitchens generate steamy, greasy cooking fumes, and cleaning that light fixture would be my nightmare!

Honored Contributor

I have always loved chandeliers and have said many times, I would love to have one in every room.  Therefore I like this look.  However, having a crystal chandelier in my dining room, I do have to clean it every so often.  Even though I like the light shown, I would choose a chandelier which would be easy to keep clean in a kitchen environment.

Honored Contributor

No

Respected Contributor

Re: Does This Light Work in This Roomi

i like this kitchen alot.  i've had the open shelves before for display, and enjoyed them.  i like the flooring, the colors of the cabinets, and yes, the fixture as well.  i think it gives it a nice mix of cozy and eclectic.

Respected Contributor

not at all.  the kitchen looks like a farmhouse style and the light fixture looks to be victorian.  

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Farmhouse kitchen with a victorian light fixture. 

In person a hesitant maybe. 

From the picture,  no. 

Esteemed Contributor

NO ..... The green walls are a complete turn off for me ..... the entire room just looks wrong & mis-matched ... the light is just plain ugly .... I don’t like the entire room 😱😱

Honored Contributor

The table is fabulous and a perfect fit with the brick floor and the deep green color!  I think the light is great.

You didn't ask if I wanted to clean it, but I think it is perfect for the room. 

Honored Contributor

Grease and dust catcher in a kitchen..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like the room as a whole but not the lighting. I've said this before, I don't like all these chandliers especially in kitchen settings.