Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Love Cut Glass?

@Drythe 

Thank you so much.  Last night, I watched a youtube presentation by an authority on cut and pressed glass which was VERY enjoyable!  After his discussion, I don't know if you could purchase true cut glass with actually seeing it, unless it was certified.  I wasn't really interested until very recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87rwbSBeCM&t=3148s

Sorry, I don't remember the fabric site.  I rarely, rarely sew any longer.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to upgrade my beverage ware but legit crystal was out of the question.  I ended up buying Waterford Marquis which is crystalline.  I have some servings pieces that match, along with a number of real crystal and cut glass that either belonged to my parents or I picked up here and there. BTW, I like lace and doilies too. 😉

Respected Contributor

I like cut glass and pressed glass.  I have some of both.  I don't display mine, but I do use it to serve food.  On another forum, a poster showed how she planted succulent gardens in large cut glass bowls that she had inherited.  Doing so allowed her to enjoy the bowls with a practical application rather than just as displayed glass.

Honored Contributor

I might have a couple pieces of cut glass---not sure tho. I am a fan and do have quite a selection of pressed glass from my MIL and also I have  depression glass that I LOVE!!! it is packed away in storage now---I did use it too.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have been looking into tall cut glass pitchers (really like the look) to make an arrangement for my primitive dining room.  I don't want to get into "crafty" looks.

I was wondering how you like to display pieces.  Thanks.

@ECBG   I used to haunt antique stores for cut glass items, and I also have several large cut crystal bowls, one with a short pedestal, which were wedding gifts, one of which I used t float camillas in at my former house. gardenias would be great for the bowls also.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Thank you.  I want a tall thin pitcher.  I got some unbelieveable "real touch" faux flowers from Sundance!

Take a look!  SO pretty and lifelike they leave silks behind!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Thank you.  I want a tall thin pitcher.  I got some unbelieveable "real touch" faux flowers from Sundance!

@ECBG   I have a store of realistic florals bought all over, can't tell they aren't real and so beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@ECBG   I have a store of realistic florals bought all over, can't tell they aren't real and so beautiful.  

@mousiegirl 

YOU sell a type of real look flowers?  I'd love to know the name of the store if you are online!  I taught Interior Design  for 37 years and wrote currculim for 10 years.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl 

YOU sell a type of real look flowers?  I'd love to know the name of the store if you are online!  I taught Interior Design  for 37 years and wrote currculim for 10 years.

@ECBG   No, I meant that I have enough to fill a store, should have said stash.  When I was young, I thought I would be an interior designer, but having to use so much math made me change my mind.  I know now that I could have probably hired someone for those details, but way back then. . . I wanted to do so many things, singing and dancing, an accident at the age of nine scuttled the dancing plan,  catering, etc., etc.

So, now I sing around the house and in the car and have been designing my home, garden, and make about fifteen faux flower arrangements each season around the house.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Thank you.  Take a look at the ones I mentioned and give me your opinion.

I'll bet you had a career that turned out to be perfect for you.  I was steered in a different direction from what I thought I would do, and became the department head and head of the Steering Committee for a school of 1400.