Honored Contributor

Most people here always claim they wash before using but I don't.  It's the only time I get to sleep on ironed sheets.  I do wash the pillowcases. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I would at leasrt take the plastic off.

@MarkeieMark  It's quite a challenge to get them on the bed while still in the plastic, isn't it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I wash everything before I use it. 

Respected Contributor

I always wash sheets and clothing.  All I can think about is they were made in a factory, put in a shipping container, trucked across country, shipped in a cargo hold across the ocean or flown in cargo to a storage hanger before it was unpacked at the warehouse.   I wouldn't sleep in any of those places if I could help it so I wash them off before I lay on them.

Honored Contributor

Everything! I wouldn't feel right not washing before using linens, clothes & more....

Honored Contributor

I always wash sheets and towels before use. I want to be sure they aren't going to shrink and not fit the bed, plus they are just stiff and stink when new. And towels and wash cloths are going to be on my wet body, need to be washed!

I will admit I don't wash brand new clothing most of the time. If it is obvious that it was never tried on by someone else, I tend to wear it first. Undergarments I DO wash though.

I figure if you have taken the time to try on the clothing, it has already been on your body without washing. Unless it doesn't feel good (stiff) or smells funny from the chemicals in the fabric etc, I feel like washing most clothing before wearing is simply beginning the 'wear it out' process before I even get to wear it. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I always wash new bedding.   I'm sure there are a ton of chemicals on them.   

The best feeling is to crawl into bed on fresh sheets!

Honored Contributor

Not that I wouldn't wash new things anyways even if they were made in this country, but isn't it a shame how we've become accustomed to the chemicals and toxins included on things we sleep on, or wear or eat for that matter?

I just can't do it anymore.  I became so aware when my grandchildren came along.  And I feel guilty I didn't do it sooner when my kids were little.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I was everything before I use it.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I always wash first. Love the feel of new clean sheets. So crisp.