Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use the planner books (users of paper, ink, etc.)

Yes. I use a paper one.  

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal   

I have used Franklin Covey Planner  Binder/ Planner Pages over 30years.  The two pages per day works for me for my notes and scribbles.  *BLOOMS* compact size is my favorite.  

I aslo keep a calendar on the side of the fridge for reference and keep them filed which comes in handy now and then for what and when information.  

Check out  *CANDIKCAN* and MISS TRENCHCOAT for planner YouTube Info.  <G> 

Keep Calm and Planner On,  

CAT

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I finally transitioned away from paper completely last year after using both paper and iPad for a few years.  I love paper planners, but eliminating them means one less thing to store.  The biggest frustration for me with iCalendar is changing time zones.  I have to keep the time static and translate any appointments to that zone.  Otherwise, it's a mess.

Respected Contributor

I still carry a small planner in my purse.  When trying to make my next appointment when I am at the doctor's, I want to see what it is I might need to know before committing to a day and time. 

I have been in offices where my phone wasn't getting a signal, then what do I do?  Near the end of each month I make up a monthly calendar for the next month in Powerpoint and post that on the refrigerator so my husband and my appointments are all listed for each other to peruse.

If that is all old school, then so be it.  It works for me.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon:  I'm with you. I purchase a new planner every January. I don't use my phone. I still like to (literally) write things down.

Honored Contributor

I use a paper Wall Calendar that I hang on the inside of my kitchen pantry door to record appointments and upcoming events....

With so many robo calls on my cell there are times during  the day/night I turn my cell phone Off..So Im afraid I might miss an appointment/event if I used a planner on my phone.....and yes I do have a phone blocker but the calls still get through even though the numbers have been blocked....I think the number shown is a spoofed number Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although not a day planner I still use a slim compact desk calendar at work.  I add my work meetings, Dr appts, dinner/lunch plans. Not many health issues so the Dr/dentist appointments are just a few times per year.  And my vacation days😀😀. I have always preferred pretty paper vs my phone calendar.  Old school for sure but it works for me.

Valued Contributor

@Marsha2003   

I still keep a free  8x11 calendar on side of the fridge for DH and I to  reference.   I also keep and file these away in case I need to recall an appointment a year or more back.

My DH is retired but works as a CPA consultant now and then. He keeps all of his appointments and reminders on his cell phone/Ipad  (google calendar).  He likes the reminder features of his system. DH still writes most of his stuff down on the fridge calendar so we both know what is going on when.  

I still like my  Franklin Planner  Compact Binder wtih BLOOMS  2pages a day.  

I tried one year to go without and missed my planner very much. Sometimes I use it to track things I have done like *watered houseplants*  on Wednesday 4/10.  Or if a program is coming up on TV I will make a note to self about the date and time.  

I saw Anna Griffin on QVC a while back and she has a beautiful planner she sells.  

Keep Calm and QVC On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

OOPS!  

I meant to say I saw Anna Griffin on  *HSN*  showing a nice planner she sells.  

CAT

Respected Contributor

I have a bit of a unique situation.  I can't take my phone into work, so I keep a paper planner for work with a bit of my personal stuff, while most of my personal stuff is in my Cozy Calendar on my phone that is synced with my sister's and BIL.  With kids' schedules these days, we have to be synced to know where we are at any time on any day as a group.