Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use liquid, powder or pods to do your laundry?

I think it would be more cost effective to leave the liquid for your DH --aren't the pods more expensive to use per load?

I use liquid only, either 7th Generation or Nature's Promise.

Very happy with them. 

Honored Contributor

I use liquid.  It is my experience that sometimes powders do not dissolve completely and can leave residue on clothes. I had that happen a few times so I don't use powders anymore.  I spray Shout on any stains (which is not that often) and use my regular detergent and everything comes out just fine. I have never tried the pods - seems gimicky to me, but I guess if they work that is all that matters.

Honored Contributor

I especially like the pods when we are in Pa and I'm dragging the laundry to the laundromat. They are simpler to transport. I only take as many as I need. By the time I have to hassle with quarters, detergent, bleach, oxiwash, hangers and the clothes -- I will take anything with potential to simplify things.

Regular Contributor

I use the TIDE pods.

I use one for a regular load and I wash the whites 2x (just a habit I got from my Mom many moons ago).

Between my son and I we always have enough for a full load so I never do small loads so the amount of detergent is always good for me, and always the same which makes a pod real easy.

It's also been easier to teach my sons how to do laundry. They don't do it now but when they move out they'll need to know and pods have made that easier as well.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I love Nellie's laundry soap. One scoop- dissolves completely. No perfumes, chemicals, etc... Clothes are clean, soft & smell great. The other channel had it as a TS a while back with free shipping. 

Same here.

@The first time I tried it I found it at Ross, then I got a great deal when it was the TS @ HSN. I guess it is called a laundry "soda" but I am not really sure why.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used to use Tide liquid & then used Costco's Kirkland liquid & have recently tried that new (I think it's German) brand Persil in the liquid & I really like it & I don't have the huge Costco sized bottle to hoist around.

Respected Contributor

I use liquid Gain, original scent.

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

I used to use liquids until I discovered Nellies! Most amazing laundry detergent ever in my opinion. You can use it in top loaders or front loaders and it does a wonderful job on all my laundry.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I use liquid Gain, original scent.

I love that scent. I dust with a spray that has that scent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

About a year ago I switched to using pods. My DH is one for throwing one item in the washer and running a whole wash for that one item and when I used the liquid he would use a half a capful. OY ! So now I have a secret stash of liquid detergent that he doesn't know about for things like cold water or hand washing something or washing a very small load , but all that is in the laundry room cupboard are the pods. So I thought I had solved this issue. I explained to him it is very concentrated and you only use 1 per load - today I caught him washing his car wash towels - 4 pods in the washer.

@151949...last year we got a new washer and dryer and to this day, I have not shown my husband how to use them.  I guess if I drop dead he will have to figure it out, but until then I'm the QUEEN of the washer & dryer, and that's the way I like it.

He is a boat mechanic, so I am thankful for my "Sanitize" selection! Smiley Happy

P.S.  I use liquid...prefer it over powder and although pods are convenient, I like to be able to alter the amount I use depending upon the size of the load.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.