Honored Contributor

Do you use liquid, powder or pods to do your laundry?

About a year ago I switched to using pods. My DH is one for throwing one item in the washer and running a whole wash for that one item and when I used the liquid he would use a half a capful. OY ! So now I have a secret stash of liquid detergent that he doesn't know about for things like cold water or hand washing something or washing a very small load , but all that is in the laundry room cupboard are the pods. So I thought I had solved this issue. I explained to him it is very concentrated and you only use 1 per load - today I caught him washing his car wash towels - 4 pods in the washer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use liquid, powder or pods to do your laundry?

I used Tide pods for awhile, but found they were not cleaning my clothes - went back to liquid.  I now use All concentrate (non-scented).

Honored Contributor

I recently got a new washer and dryer. I noticed I had to use HE detergent(my machine was old and didn't require it). I just started using the pods and I LOVE it! Now I just throw it in, no measuring of the detergent with the cap. Best invention ever!

Honored Contributor

I use liquid or liquid pods. I tried some powder pods and found that they did not dissolve well and I would find white powder on some of my clothing. I used them up by dissolving each in a cup of hot water and pouring that into the laundry, but even then I noticed that the powder bits didn't dissolve completely in hot water poured directly from my Keurig. Those were Honest Company powder pods.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I use liquid or liquid pods. I tried some powder pods and found that they did not dissolve well and I would find white powder on some of my clothing. I used them up by dissolving each in a cup of hot water and pouring that into the laundry, but even then I noticed that the powder bits didn't dissolve completely in hot water poured directly from my Keurig. Those were Honest Company powder pods.

I've never seen or even noticed powdered pods.  I thought all pods had liquid content.

Anywho, for the last 2 yrs, I've been using liquid pods & never looked back.

If I have a full load, I always use 2 pods.  Otherwise, one pod will do. 

I started out using Tide pods.  Currently I am testing out Gain pods cause its cheaper than Tide.  So far, I see no difference in the cleanliness of my clothes.

Next I am going to try All which is cheaper than Gain.

Have a front loader washer.

FWIW.....

I get my pods from BJ's.  150-200 pods per container. faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I use liquid - it's easier & cleaner.  Honestly don't know if this is less costly than powder but I do know it doesn't get clumpy in the compartment it goes in. 

I've really gotten smart & now cut back a lot on the amount I use for each load too.  I actually find great laundry detergents at ALdi's too, much less costly, does a great job, and the brands (I beleive 2) leave my clothes smelling really nice too - very light & pleasant.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by the pods for my dishwasher, but stick with liquid Tide unscented for the laundry. I like being able to vary the amount of detergent used because I do different sized loads of wash. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Liquid for clothes. But no matter which brand I get I'll be darned if I can find the markers on the caps that they show you on the instructions to use as a measuring guide for different size loads.

Honored Contributor

liquid soaps or pods 

Trusted Contributor

I love Nellie's laundry soap. One scoop- dissolves completely. No perfumes, chemicals, etc... Clothes are clean, soft & smell great. The other channel had it as a TS a while back with free shipping.