Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take photos of your home?

I'm always taking photos of my home. I have a lovely cottage on a lake and summertime is the time it looks its best. I'm constantly putting photos of my everblooming garden flowers on my instagram account.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

usually not--my house is no showpiece, but I have been this year, as we had a huge tree fall on the top floor that destroyed the roof---construction is going on now so it is interesting and slightly breath taking--to see a house that is completely open to the world----and the 4 walls still standing. and will take pics as progress happens. 

Honored Contributor

When we owned "the big house" (what our children called the home we had before we moved to the little townhouse), I did. It was a gorgeous historical stone colonial with a huge red barn, white and stone fencing, etc that we used for our annual Christmas card photo. We worked out on the interior as well and love to take photos especially during all the holidays.

Where we are now? Only to document something that has gone wrong and needs to be fixed. Lovely.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I take them, when my husband did our photo wall, I took several pics and then we switched things around a bit, sometimes that is the best way to see how it really projects. I also take them at Christmastime of my tree and fireplace, and table settings. Sometimes when I am ready to change things up it can help as well....

I always take pics each Summer of our flowers, because hubby puts a lot of time and effort into them, and I like to have photos of them!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do.

For the most part I don't post them here unless they add to a conversation/thread that's already in progress.

I enjoy seeing the pictures posted in the Home forum; both the professional ones and the ones we post of our homes.

Frequent Contributor

Yes,🤣 I also take pictures of my home. I have them on my I pad. When I think of moving into an apartment or condo and downsizing, I look at the pictures and appreciate my home  and how I decorated it. Especially since I did a renovation in my kitchen and rec room and have it the way I want it. It would be so hard to duplicate what I have done in my home in another place. I guess I should be happy with what I have but, always looking for improvement. I now have 3 floors in my home and getting older and live by myself. It would be nice to be all on one floor.

oh well, I can look at the picture and feel blessed.😄

Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

No I don’t take pictures of my home.My home is our family sanctuary.I don’t want to open it up for public comment.It’s private.

Maybe I should have been more clear.  Every now and then I post a photo for one reason or another, but for the most part, they are only for my own enjoyment.  I have a screensaver of them on my laptop and I can sit very happily and watch it.  I move furniture and change things up quite frequently, so it's nice to remember the different ways I've arranged things.

I think it is wonderful how you enjoy, and occasionally share with us, those meaningful photos that mean something special to you. I do the same and for much the same reasons. Please continue. The sunflower pic is lovely.🌻😊🌻

Frequent Contributor

I posted my first photo yesterday of a wash stand and mirror. Though I was leary of possible scrutiny , I received wonderful input, suggestions to enhance, ideas to decorate. There are several folk here with that decorator "eye".