Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you take photos of your home?

@StylishLady, I really like the setting of your home.  Do you live in Hawaii?  Maybe I might be remembering correctly.  It must be nice to have a circular driveway when company comes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL!!!  NO!  I don't take selfies either. 

Part of my job included photography.  I know how to stage photos and all the tricks and composition secrets that make a good photo.  I do that without thinking about it just because it looks right to my eye. 

I can look around my house and see that things are arranged that way, but it's my house, not work, so I don't think of it in terms of that.  It probably makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

Not routinely.  I just never thought of it.  I take pictures of Christmas decorations and the trees and tablesettings for the big holidays and birthday parties.  Really, not for myself.  I do it to send to friends and family or to have on my phone so that instead of describing how I set the table, I can show people.  

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely area. Something I do that my realtor friend suggested -- update photos of my home on Zillow. Even though home isn't on the market, it's nice to keep updated. When I record improvements, it can raise the value of my home.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

How about a filter/2 to really emphasis the sunflowers?

Dreamy💛

7F2089A6-63D5-4101-B347-3A9B8A0DD2AD.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I've taken photos of various things for insurance purposes, but other than that - no, I don't take photos specifically of my home.

Of course I do have a lot of photos that show my decor, outdoor areas, etc. because I love taking photos of the people I care about.  So my home is often the backdrop for those, but usually not much more than that.  I would much rather focus on people, or on the bit of scenic photography that I do when I'm out and about.

Respected Contributor

I don't take pictures of my home, or anything else for that matter. I'm definitely an odd duck in that regard. But I do think that when you take photos of rooms or areas in your home you can see the subject in a very different way. You may think a room looks fine in real life but when you see it in a picture, it's a bit different. Or you see things you never even noticed in real life...funny how that happens. Maybe I will start taking some pictures. Or more like it, get my hubby to. Ha!   

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't take photos of my home (selfies either). I sometimes take a photo of a fence basket that turned out especially nice - just so I'll remember what flowers I used. I don't have a big, beautiful home with a lot of decorating.....I've just never posted photos anywhere - I'm too private!

Respected Contributor

We live in SW Florida just south of Fort Myers. The circular driveway is a nice feature. As a corner llot, I have many garden areas to work on. Keeps me busy. 

Honored Contributor

No