Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take photos of your home?

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

No I don’t take pictures of my home.My home is our family sanctuary.I don’t want to open it up for public comment.It’s private.

@NicksmomESQ 

I get what you are saying.

Our home is our ‘safe place.’  

It is joyfully shared with close friends,  much loved family, and our beloved fur babies.

But not otherwise.

We are members of a club for business, and purely social entertaining.

Home is private.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Only pictures taken are when family and/or friends are here for holidays and the home is simply in the background. I much prefer people in pictures to focusing on things.

The only pictures of the house and its contents have been taken for insurance purposes. I have not even taken pictures of my new loveseats or my new bedroom furniture for my records now that this thread is mentioned. 

Family and friends have been in the living room, of course. But only my son has seen my new bedroom furniture. I haven't even mentioned it to anyone else.

Why would anyone else care what other people have in their home?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I do take pictures of my home. I take a few pictures every Autumn add them to my photo book. I have pictures from a long time ago and there have been many changes since. I like seeing the changes in plants and paint colors. In some pictures I can see new homes built, old ones demolished, trees removed and new ones planted. There are a lot of memories stuffed in my old photo book.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes and then when I look at them I will ask myself WTH were you thinking when you thought that looked good!

Respected Contributor

NO

Actually I rarely take a photo of anything.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Sometimes and then when I look at them I will ask myself WTH were you thinking when you thought that looked good!

Right?

I have photos of my first kitchen - it had dusty pink wallpaper and ducks everywhere.  WHAT the HECK?!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes I do & boy I really can see when things just don't "look right or cluttered"!

I take pictures before I have work done in the house -- so I know how to put it back.

Nothing special lately to take pics of!

(although after all our reno was done, I took pictures to have on file if anything should ever happen & with hurricane season one never knows).

@house_cat : love your pic of your sitting area! Looks so cozy and sunflowers are my fav -- wishing for Fall already but its never FALL here Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I hear ya... autumn is my absolute favorite and the reason we were married in October. On the east coast, it was perfect autumn weather and our outdoor photos all include the autumn leaves.... sigh... I miss it.  We sometimes get a little autumn around December/January, but it's not the same.  Still, it doesn't stop me from changing all my front porch decor to autumn every Labor Day weekend.  The neighbors probably laugh at me, but I don't care.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I do and the reason is so that I know where everything goes when I decorate for each season/holiday.

Honored Contributor

I don’t share photos of my home because I am sure the scrutiny from strangers would upset me. I like a minimalist environment and my goal is to have a private space where friends and family can kick off their shoes and relax. Fancy decor and lots of accessories don’t interest me.