Respected Contributor

Re: Do you take photos of your home?

@woman63 wrote:

Hi, @Regal Bee   I remember the beautiful photos you’ve posted in the past and I’ve missed them. Have you posted some this year that I missed?

@woman63   Thank you. I have posted some here and there in posts but haven't created many post of my own lately. I need to start doing that again.

Contributor

@Regal Bee @I hope you do that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

It sounds like your pictures are taken as you said to “notice and appreciate what you have”.

I’ve done all that in a different way, as my hands actually got dirty helping build this house from the ground up.  From carrying cinderblocks for the basement, to spackling  nailheads on the sheetrock, and all the other little jobs we did on our own to save money, I simply appreciate my home in a different way.   I also worked the craziest hours a human could work to help get this house paid off in 11 years, so pictures just aren’t necessary for me.

I am impressed! 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

No I don’t take pictures of my home.My home is our family sanctuary.I don’t want to open it up for public comment.It’s private.

Maybe I should have been more clear.  Every now and then I post a photo for one reason or another, but for the most part, they are only for my own enjoyment.  I have a screensaver of them on my laptop and I can sit very happily and watch it.  I move furniture and change things up quite frequently, so it's nice to remember the different ways I've arranged things.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I'm constantly taking photos of my home.. little nooks and crannies and vignettes that strike my fancy.  

I don't have an extravagant home or a good camera, just my phone, but I find that  taking photos prompts me to notice and appreciate the loveliness around me.

Here's one I took this morning.

IMG_2303.JPG

I'd love for us to share photos if you do this, too.

I love the picture, and I especially love the way you captured it. Beautiful!!

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@woman63 wrote:

Hi, @Regal Bee   I remember the beautiful photos you’ve posted in the past and I’ve missed them. Have you posted some this year that I missed?

@woman63   Thank you. I have posted some here and there in posts but haven't created many post of my own lately. I need to start doing that again.

Regal Bee, I have wondering where you were lately. I don’t post often but so enjoy looking at the photos you post. They are so lovely.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 

Thank you.  That's what I mean about it helping me appreciate the lovely things. I was standing in my kitchen making toast this morning and saw that.  If I wasn't always thinking through a camera lense, I may not have noticed it.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@manny2 

Thank you.  That's what I mean about it helping me appreciate the lovely things. I was standing in my kitchen making toast this morning and saw that.  If I wasn't always thinking through a camera lense, I may not have noticed it.

Keep posting pictures, because I get what you are saying. "Thinking through a camera lens" is exactly like I think. I appreciate your vision and creativity!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat, Thank you for sharing your lovely picture.  It’s a picture taken from a unique perspective, which I appreciate.

We do take pictures of our home for insurance purposes.  It is also helpful, especially during holiday time, to remember what went where.  We do like to change things up a bit, and I can never remember from one year to the next.

I have never posted anything here, nor ever thought of doing so.  It’s just too personal, but I do talk about it.  Many people would think it looked like Ye Ole Shoppe!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I do. I chronicle changes in my inside decor and my yard and gardens. Of course Google and other entities took photos too. Here is one of our place on the county property web site. It was taken before Hurrican Irma as the tall Norfolk Island Pine tree you can see in the SE corner was taken out then.

5750AerialPhoto.jpg