Honored Contributor

Do you take photos of your home?

[ Edited ]

I'm constantly taking photos of my home.. little nooks and crannies and vignettes that strike my fancy.  

I don't have an extravagant home or a good camera, just my phone, but I find that  taking photos prompts me to notice and appreciate the loveliness around me.

Here's one I took this morning.

IMG_2303.JPG

I'd love for us to share photos if you do this, too.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take photos of your home?

@house_cat  That is really lovely.  Not too much.  I like the little touch of the U.S.A. pillow and the sunflowers are so pretty.  You don't need a lot of money to have good taste.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@house_cat  That is really lovely.  Not too much.  I like the little touch of the U.S.A. pillow and the sunflowers are so pretty.  You don't need a lot of money to have good taste.  Cat Very Happy

Thank you @Katcat1 . I agree. The things I love most in my home cost very little - usually salvaged or repurposed.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

No, I don’t take pictures of my home.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

Why not?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Each home has a complete set of pictures:  useful for insurance claims.

Also, a reminder of space constraints, opportunity to replace old decor with repurposed items, offer to others before I donate.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Lovely.

Yes, I do this all the time. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It sounds like your pictures are taken as you said to “notice and appreciate what you have”.

I’ve done all that in a different way, as my hands actually got dirty helping build this house from the ground up.  From carrying cinderblocks for the basement, to spackling  nailheads on the sheetrock, and all the other little jobs we did on our own to save money, I simply appreciate my home in a different way.   I also worked the craziest hours a human could work to help get this house paid off in 11 years, so pictures just aren’t necessary for me.

Esteemed Contributor

No I don’t take pictures of my home.My home is our family sanctuary.I don’t want to open it up for public comment.It’s private.

Contributor

Hi, @Regal Bee   I remember the beautiful photos you’ve posted in the past and I’ve missed them. Have you posted some this year that I missed?