Honored Contributor

Re: Do you switch out your bed comforter, etc. for seasons, holidays?

I have a spring/summer quilt set in lighter colors and then a fall/winter set in darker colors.

I don't do all that holiday switching out.  It's too much work and would have to find a place to store it all.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Last spring I did buy some clearance winter Soft & Cozy blankets. Hopefully I'll remember to use them.  We both  love S&C.

@AngelPuppy1   HSN still has some on clearance

Soft & Cozy Plush Holiday Printed Blanket

Soft & Cozy Foil Printed Plush Blanket

@Mary Bailey  I love these and have quite a few. I gave my daughter some and my dogs love them. I give them old ones lol.

Honored Contributor

No switching here. We use the same thing all year. All we do is add more blankets as it gets colder. Just added a blanket for warmth on top of sheets and under the comforter about a week ago. 

Honored Contributor

Linens are a weakness for me.

Switch quilt, dust ruffle spring and fall, add or remove blankets.  Sometimes more often.

No holiday changes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like lighter for spring/summer and heavier for fall/ winter, the bed clothes have to be white and cream or pastels, no dark or vibrant colors in my bedroom.

Valued Contributor

Beween November and March I use a heavy down comforter in a duvet. In the warmer months, I use a matelesse blanket or quilts and I have several of these in rotation. 

Esteemed Contributor

As reflected in the many responses to this post it is not the norm. That is why you have to take what the host say during a presentation with a grain of salt. They make it sound like everybody does this, and that plants a subliminal message to some viewers, I should start doing this, since everybody's doing it. No it is a selling strategy. They will say anything to make you spend.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

Beween November and March I use a heavy down comforter in a duvet. In the warmer months, I use a matelesse blanket or quilts and I have several of these in rotation. 

Ditto!  Always ready to retire all holiday decor the day after Christmas. I always want my home clutter-free immediately after we celebrate. Each year, I donate more and put up less! It simply doesn't mean much to me the older I become.

Can't imagine seasonal decor in a beautiful bedroom, which isn't on display for family and friends. My husband would have never gone for such non-sense either!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

One of the biggest fusses we EVER had was making the bed.  I get up first, I can't make it up with him in it!!!  He won't and we won't EVEN mention my MIL's housekeeping!Smiley Sad  I'm not going to make it up at 6pm when I get in after standing all day.  Chronic Headache coming on!!!

Super Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

One of the biggest fusses we EVER had was making the bed.  I get up first, I can't make it up with him in it!!!  He won't and we won't EVEN mention my MIL's housekeeping!Smiley Sad  I'm not going to make it up at 6pm when I get in after standing all day.  Chronic Headache coming on!!!

Exact same situation at my house. A made up bed is a rare site in my home, unfortunately!