Honored Contributor

Do you switch out your bed comforter, etc. for seasons, holidays?

Just wondering how many change their comforters, quilts, coverlets, shams, etc. to match seasons, holidays?

I always want to do one for summer, one for winter, and perhaps a special one for Christmas, but they are so expensive and also, the storage issues.

I just keep one set forever and ever until its over and done!  I'm about there now!  I do love the one I have but its looking worn.

Thanks for your replies!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Re: Do you switch out your bed comforter, etc. for seasons, holidays?

I switch out 2x/year - spring/summer and fall/winter.  I do not do "holiday" comforters. 

Honored Contributor

No, I've used the same quilt for about five years now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Just wondering how many change their comforters, quilts, coverlets, shams, etc. to match seasons, holidays?

I always want to do one for summer, one for winter, and perhaps a special one for Christmas, but they are so expensive and also, the storage issues.

I just keep one set forever and ever until its over and done!  I'm about there now!  I do love the one I have but its looking worn.

Thanks for your replies!

No.  I don't switch out.  I changed and add blankets though.  If looking for a new comforter set, I highly recommend Big Lots..  I got a new one for my king size bed.  It includes the comforter, 2 decorative pillows, 2 sets of sheets, 2 pillow shams and a beautiful throw.  It was $70.  And I just got a queen for my daughter, includes I mentioned except sheets.  I'm pleased with the quality.  Plus....there are always coupons and rewards.

Respected Contributor

Just washed and air dried my summer weight down blanket.

Winter one will stay on until spring.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I do the same - twice a year. Lighter weight for spring/summer and heavier weight for fall/winter.

I have Christmas towels but not comforters, blankets or sheets. My linen closet is packed.

Honored Contributor

I used to but its really so warm in my apt that we use one all year round, when it gets down to sub zero we use a heavier on for a day ot two

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I live in a pretty warm climate and I still change my bed spreads twice a year - lighter beachier for spring/summer and a little darker more muted tones as well as a thicker comforter style for fall/winter.  Weather here is just starting to get cooler at night so have been thinking about doing this, but I luv my beachy quilt - am not ready to see it go just yet.

I could never leave just one spread on for any extended length of time.  I would get very bored no matter how nice it was or how much I liked it.  I think changing the look of the bedroom is a nice thing to do from time to time.  After all, you're kinda stuck with the furniture and floor coverings you've got, why not change the pillows and spread?  Space can be an issue, but having 1 or 2 sets in storage is no biggie.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last spring I did buy some clearance winter Soft & Cozy blankets. Hopefully I'll remember to use them.  We both  love S&C.

@AngelPuppy1   HSN still has some on clearance

Soft & Cozy Plush Holiday Printed Blanket

Soft & Cozy Foil Printed Plush Blanket

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - twice a year - fall/winter and spring/summer.