Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you "decorate" your master bath?

I guess the biggest effort I put into decorating the master bath is keeping fresh flowers in a vase on the counter between my sink and DH's sink.  It's easy to do because I just cut them or some greenery from the yard.  I have lots of perennials so I pretty much have something to cut year round.

The builder selected glass tiles around the tub and in the shower to compliment the other tiles, as well as decorative lighting and mirrors.  We like it and for us that's enough decoration. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb Look online at David Decello photography - I think you'll enjoy his pictures.

@151949 I did enjoy his pictures.  Loved all the views of the confluence of the three rivers and the beautiful view of the Cathedral of Learning at Pitt, my alma mater.  Thanks for the information.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I 'decorate'.  Plant, candles, light fixture that resembles a chandelier, towels, shells. 

I have art work there too. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I bought a large pic from him that is the confluance of the rivers taken from a drone over the city - so you are looking at the point as if you're atop one of the downtown buildings. I love it - so unique.

Trusted Contributor

I have a dressing room attached to my MB and I do decorate that.  It's my own space that I use every day to get ready (getting dressed, doing my makeup, hair, etc.), so I have a peaceful/zen vibe in there. The MB is nicely done, but it's simple.  I have a few pretty jars, a decorative hand soap bottle, and one small watercolor painting. 

Respected Contributor

Of course I do... if there is a room to decorate, it will be decorated! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

No decorations in our bathrooms outside of the shower curtains and nice towels.   I don't like stuff on the walls anywhere in my house.   

I have a cousin and she and her husband won't hang anything on their walls. They live in a huge Ranch home that is very nice, but they don't believe in hanging photos or pictures, they have 3 children, and they do display their artwork on their refrigerator, but very little. Her husband said things on the wall are too cluttery and makes your rooms look smaller. Is that why you don't? Just curious!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

No decorations in our bathrooms outside of the shower curtains and nice towels.   I don't like stuff on the walls anywhere in my house.   

I have a cousin and she and her husband won't hang anything on their walls. They live in a huge Ranch home that is very nice, but they don't believe in hanging photos or pictures, they have 3 children, and they do display their artwork on their refrigerator, but very little. Her husband said things on the wall are too cluttery and makes your rooms look smaller. Is that why you don't? Just curious!

I agree that many people can certainly clutter a wall (or any space for that matter!), and many people have no idea how to group things on wall or the correct height things should be hung, and end up with things way to high or too low.

I am putting less and less on the walls as I age, but I don't like completely blank walls in a room. Even if the room is very nicely decorated, there are just some spaces that will need something on the wall here or there. 

The one exception is if you have many windows on multiple walls, and then something big, like a fireplace, taking up a whole wall. In that instance, the windows (and either their view or the window treatments), and the texture of the fireplace/mantel, will become the wall decor.