Honored Contributor

Re: Do you "decorate" your master bath?

My upstairs bathrooms both need remodeling and I haven't really thought at this point on what I want to do with them.  The hall kids bath has a beach theme and the master is just sage and cream....nothing special.  

However when we remodeled the laundry room a few years ago I decorated it! I think most people don't from what I've seen.

My laundry room is long and narrow. One wall has the washer, dryer, sink and cabinets. The opposite wall has wainscoting with a chair rail and I added  large sepia toned vintage laundry photos and framed them in barn wood.  I also have a shelf that DH made and added a mason jar filled with antique clothes pins, a black vintage iron & an old fashioned scrub board.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do.   It's painted in a complimentary color to my bedroom.  I have beautiful pictures on the walls and apothecary jars filled with shells on the counter.    

All my bathrooms are decorated in the sense that they're beautiful rooms that coordinate with the decor of my house.   I don't use knick knacks in there or other dust collectors.   I want them to be clutter free and look clean and beautiful 

Honored Contributor

Haha, if getting a matching shower curtain and trash can from Kohl's department store is decorating, then yes I do.

Respected Contributor

My guest bath has a Paris theme; it's a subtle watercolor wash of vanilla, terra-cotta (peachy), and aqua colors with a fun "German glass" encrusted paper mache Eiffel Tower tree topper accent piece. The large print on the wall is a Paris balcony with terra-cotta pots and flowers. A smaller framed golden and terra-cotta fleur-de-lis hangs by the mirror. I have color-block hand towels in the above colors over peach towels. The shower curtain is vintage Paris postcard art in the same soft colors. Aqua pile rug on the tile floor. 

The master is is clean and crisp with taupe, aqua, vanilla as the color mix.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

It is funny how our nostalgia for Pgh. stays with us always.  I have not lived there for a lot of years, but it is still 'home'.  I have a sketch of the incline descending the hill from Mt  Washington that I bought from a local Pgh. artist that hangs in one of our bathrooms.

My mom was raised not too far from Pittsburgh, left when she was 16 (is now 81) but still a huge Steeler fan! You can take the girl out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the girl!

Honored Contributor

Our bathrooms are painfully small, so no 'furniture' in them, but they both are papered (oh no! not that), and I still love the paper as much today as when they hung it 23 years ago!

I have solid color coordinating shower curtains, rugs and towels in each one.

Something (shelf or art) on the wall over the toilet.

But that is all that will fit. 

I really hate a 'boring' bathroom, but don't want a lot of stuff out in it, no matter how big. Bathrooms get so dusty that I don't want knick knacks, stands, etc to clean, and I don't want any 'products' (make up, hair care, appliances) left out. I want the vanity as empty as possible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I decorate my master bath.  I'm the only one who ever sees it, but I want it to look nice.  I have custom window treatments and a custom shower curtain.  I have a nice Peter O'Neill painting and a painting of a dog that my neice painted for me when she was very young.  I have a pretty make-up holder (not sure of the right word, but it's a nice wood with drawers), and a tray with my body lotion, etc. on it.  I love nice towels and mine are from Pottery Barn.  

It's a small bathroom.  I would love to have a large master bathroom.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

The color scheme in my master bedroom extends into my master bath. I like things streamedlined and modern in the bathrooms.

Esteemed Contributor

I just re-tiled my stall shower with large grey tile textured planks (porcelain) with soft colors running thru it and added a grab bar. Put colorful small rocks at the base of the shower stall. Bought a new tall frameless shower enclosure (clear) with a towel rack on the front. Put the same tile around my bathtub surround. Removed the old green carpet from the floor of my bathroom area/large walk-in closet and put large rectangular grey tiles on the floor (looks like wood). It all looks great. My staircase had the carpet removed - and I'm having the same grey rectangular tile put on each step -- with the colorful rocks on the front of each step. It should be finished in a couple of days.

I'm the only one that sees all the new tile in my bathroom area/walk-in closet --- and I enjoy it every day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949,  I only have one bath and yes it is decorated.  I did not have a choice with the floor and it is ugly but I pulled the gray out of it.  I live in an apt.  My shower curtain is from Pottery Barn and it is white and has fine lines of gray as a center border; I use white and gray towels and have a gray throw rug.  That's about it.  I also have a diffuser in bathroom.  Heart:cathappy:

kindness is strength