Honored Contributor

Do you "decorate" your master bath?

Even though no one sees it but you & your DH?

I have decorated our guest bath - it's my Pittsburgh room. I purchased  several photos from a great local Pitts. photographer and have them in a collage in there, plus a few terrible towels and even a shower curtain that has the logos of the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins on it. I use black & gold towels in there too.

However, I do not have any decor in our master bath, since no one sees it but me , hubby and the housekeeper.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you "decorate" your master bath?

It is funny how our nostalgia for Pgh. stays with us always.  I have not lived there for a lot of years, but it is still 'home'.  I have a sketch of the incline descending the hill from Mt  Washington that I bought from a local Pgh. artist that hangs in one of our bathrooms.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely. Every bathroom in the house -- there are 3 -- is decorated. I don't have a DH but I have me and that's reason enough!

Esteemed Contributor

We just finished remodeling two of our bathrooms this week and I love them. One we kept as a tub/shower combo and just got a new shower curtain that matches the color of the walls. The other (master bath) we removed the tub and had it replaced with a shower only. Still trying to to decide on colors for that one but gray looks nice since the walls are grayish.  I will put up something on the walls but just haven't figured out what yet. They aren't huge bathrooms so can't go crazy.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty Try gray and yellow with white accents. That is a popular combo along with gray, pink and white.

@151949 Decor is more for yourself versus anyone else. Do what makes you happy when you walk into the room.
Honored Contributor

@gmkb Look online at David Decello photography - I think you'll enjoy his pictures.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a theme going but I do have a clock,  pictures hung and a beautiful floral arrangement between the 2 vanities. I also have a fake ivy (looks very real) on top of the cabinet above the toilet. 

The guest bathroom I used the colors, soft blue, soft green with brown. I also have a beautiful bluish vase on the left of the sink with greenery draping down the vase. I have pictures hung along with a clock 

Valued Contributor

I don't have a master (thankfully! 3 bathrooms are enough to clean) but each bath has a color scheme, but not a lot of tchotchkes in them...simply because I want ease in cleaning

Honored Contributor

Yes, I decorate my MB. It's the first room I see in the morning, do my hair & makeup there. It's also the last room I see at night removing makeup and a relaxing bubble bath.IMG_0098.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To the extent that I selected a pretty paint color and several appealing shower curtains and towels sets that I change out and hung a picture and wall art, yes, I decorated my bath. I decorate all my rooms. I do it for me, not for others that might or might not see it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...