Honored Contributor

Okay, okay!

Before you call the police, let me explain myself!

I love taking walks at night to look at the windows of the houses that I pass.  I think the most attractive homes are those whose windows let in just a peek of the interior. 

I'm currently decorating an upstairs spare room and I plan to put a table with a lamp at the corner windows.  I think it's so beautiful to see the lamplight through the blinds and curtains at night.

DH thinks it's nuts that I would consider how it looks from the outside.

Is it nuts?

When you decorate your interior do you consider how it will look from outside?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you peek into windows?

Yes!  I make sure the two bedroom windows on the front of the house have matching window treatments from the outside.  I have a large picture window in the living room where I have an antique table and a fresh flow arrangement on it visible from outside and inside.  

Honored Contributor

At both of my homes, I have full glass storm doors at the front of my house.  

I leave the door wide open until we go to bed at night.  I LOVE what people can see when they walk by.  12 months a year.

You can't really see us sitting in the living room or at the dining table from the front door.  If I have my shutters open, you could, but I usually close them when the sun comes around in the afternoon unless it's winter.

I think some homes look so pretty at night because of the *lit within* vibe given.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother looks in people's windows.  It drives me crazy.

I don't have storm doors and my front window shutters stay closed because I am in that room most of the time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  You are not nuts. I do the same thing with flameless candles and lamps. I want to see warm lighting coming from houses, so I try to do it with mine.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My mother looks in people's windows.  It drives me crazy.

I don't have storm doors and my front window shutters stay closed because I am in that room most of the time.

Just to be clear... I'm on the sidewalk and I'm not looking to see what the people are doing!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Just to be clear... I'm on the sidewalk and I'm not looking to see what the people are doing!

Are you sure???

Honored Contributor

Decorate?  What is that?  LOL.

I really only look at how the windows themselves look with the exterior of the house.  

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat 

You are not nuts.  Whenever we do something in the house, we always wait till night time, turn on the lights and walk past the house and back to get an idea of what people see or don't see.
Sometimes that little walk will give us a different perspective and might help us tweak things a bit. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

haha-I know what you meanSmiley Happy

I think windows can look pretty too from the outside with light and oh especially a Christmas tree when everyone seems to open their curtains or blinds enough so people can see, just like out of a movie.

I don't think of how it will look from the outside but I like to see nice ones when I'm walking or driving by!Woman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"