Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you or don't you? #topsheets

I do use one only because I have the polar fleece sheets that are like a blanket. Regular cotton sheets I would not use me.

Esteemed Contributor

When I used a duvet, I used no top sheet. Now I just use a top sheet to sleep under - keeps me much cooler as I am always hot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How to Put on a Duvet Cover...Burrito Style!

Couple of different ways, but basically a reversed duvet cover

comforter under/over the cover & roll, turn inside out & roll out. 

https://youtu.be/c1IzS2oBBN0

26DCCF53-3B2C-4CE3-998E-50640E37140D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you've ever stayed at Westin this is their Heavenly Bed. Other than the boudoir pillow, I try to copy this. Westin uses a top sheet, a middle sheet and a fitted bottom sheet. May seem froo froo but it sure is comfy!

HB-layers_lrg.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Ongoing conversation with husband for decades. Until grade school, his family had little money in a hot climate. No top sheet. I was raised to have high thread counts and top sheet to be cool in summer and in winter, top sheet helps keep duvet or blankets clean. Best guess, only one of my two adult children do this.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Used the duvet / comforter approach on our European ski trips....eh !

Tried getting the duvet cover over our king sized comforter:  wasted time and energy.   Love the satiny, different colors of my top sheets....they are great quality and stay looking great throughout the week.  And, fairly wrinkle free.

Sent the duvet cover to a friend’s daughter who converted it into two sheets.  No waste.

To each her own choice here.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Everyone in this house is a user of top sheets.   Our bed has the same amount of cover year round; top sheet, cotton blanket and cotton quilt.  

Due to poor circulation, my husband covers up to his neck every night.   Unless I’m sick, the only cover I need year round is the top sheet.    

Honored Contributor

I only use duvet covers if i am using a down comforter.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

If you've ever stayed at Westin this is their Heavenly Bed. Other than the boudoir pillow, I try to copy this. May seem froo froo but it sure is comfy!

HB-layers_lrg.jpg

i have! And their beds are amazing!!!!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

None of the beds have top sheets on them. Have not used them in years now. I buy separates  - pillowcases and fitted sheets only. Have not bought an actual sheet set in like forever.

I do not even use typical bed blankets - individual large sized throws - either in an all cotton weave, for hot sleepers - or, cuddly soft throws for others, myself included,

I have a very large laundry basket in the hall closet with folded up throws from which to choose according to your liking. Works out well for any overnight stays, everyone can just pick and chose what they feel most comfortable using.

-Texas Hill Country-