Valued Contributor

Re: Do you like this shower door?

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

yes, I do like it.

I have a clear glass shower.  I wipe it down with a microfiber cloth after each shower and it looks pristine all the time.

Hate shower curtains.  

claustrophobic and after just a use or two, feel they look dingy and dirty.

Yes, I squeegee then wipe down my clear glass with a microfiber towel after every shower so it stays beautiful...  I also spray it with Diamond Blue Wash about twice a month.  It's time-consuming to maintain so unless I wash my hair I take baths in my other bathroom.

This shower looks like you'd be showering in front of a window.

Honored Contributor

I like it. I would love it if the cabinet were white and the walls a pale aqua. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I don't like the clear glass. (And give me a very large break with clear being "in" now.)

We have neither clear nor frosted on our glass shower doors; they're obscure--an effect which looks like thick ice on a windshield. We have that for our bathroom windows, too.

obscure glass.jpg

And that never goes out of style.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Not at all. Besides the fact that it would be difficult to clean, I don't like the idea that anyone can walk into the bathroom and see me naked in the shower. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I like shower curtains that you cannot see thru. 

Honored Contributor

NO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

NO!

Respected Contributor

No.  too busy.

Respected Contributor

My DD would love it, read somewhere the clear glass has some type of protective coating from the factory that is suppose to last a lifetime but still got to clean it. We have old frosted with a track (new ones are trackless now) we have a squeezie in the shower to get the water off everytime you shower, yep a pain but it does help. I like the waterfall look or half frosted & half clear. 

Respected Contributor

I don't hate it, but don't love it.  It reminds me of the "subway tiles" people use as a backsplash in their kitchen - not really fond of that look.  I don't think "jail cell" when I look at it, just very straight, too modern lines, and void of personality. Like someone is maybe trying for some kind of "spa" look?

As far as cleaning, I wonder if the "bars" are hidding inside the glass rather than the outside.  Then it would be easy to deal with.

New Contributor

I prefer if it was an all glass door.