Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like this kitchen?

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Why are you doing so many threads about the kitchen? Why not put all the photos in the same thread?

@World Traveler I actually tried to, but I think the photos were too big......I am done posting them now!

@CANDLEQUEEN 

i actually prefer seeing and commenting on them separately...oh well.

I'm glad they are on different posts.  It makes it easier to comment on each and the comments do not get muddled up as to what comments goes with what kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

With a color change I would like it better.  I am not an island fan but this one isn't bad.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure that's just a prep sink at the island.  The cabinetry next to it isn't wide enough to be a dishwasher.

Kind of different that the *eating area* of the island is a totally different countertop and raised.

Is that a fireplace along the wall cabinets?  I think I need glasses...!!!

Honored Contributor

Tolerable.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the island is too heavy for the rest of the room. Love the windows and lighting. 

Respected Contributor

No.  Nothing about it that I like.

Honored Contributor

This does not appeal to me. I don't like the colors of the cabinets or the island which looks very oversized to me. I don't like the hanging lights either. The door, window, and floor are ok. 

Honored Contributor

I really think this kitchen was very well done.  Everything really goes together.  I love how everything blends and coordinates.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure why I don't like it but it appears that it may have started out as a Tuscan kitchen and it ended up with some farmhouse items and then another someone decided to paint.  Then another someone decided it needed some ultra contemporary light fixtures.  I just don't know why, but I don't like it because even the layout appears disjointed as do the period(s).  Some easy fixes but I would prefer something else for the amount of money this cost.

Honored Contributor

The kitchen is pretty, but I don't like eating at a counter.  If you have children,  they need to be reared at a table so they can learn table manners so they are pleasant to be around.

In addition, many of us are cooks and there doesn't seem to have a lot of counter space.